SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For break squeaking sound -- dealer already known this issue, hopefully they can fix that for you
For AC doesn't produce enough warm issue -- dealer doesn't know that, I am in Northwest area of US, outside is around 40F for these days, put the AC to 75F, takes a lot of time for the car to make the cabin warm.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone:)

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
It does take time for the engine to warm up...

·
Registered
541 Posts
I think the general consensus is the AC isn't one of the strong points of the car. I regularly set my A/C to 72 and it will blow warm for a few minutes, but then start to blow cool air after that. Let me know if they address this issue.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the general consensus is the AC isn't one of the strong points of the car. I regularly set my A/C to 72 and it will blow warm for a few minutes, but then start to blow cool air after that. Let me know if they address this issue.
For the AC issue, they told me they upgraded the central control software, I can give you an update tomorrow when I drive it from a cold start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
541 Posts
For the AC issue, they told me they upgraded the central control software, I can give you an update tomorrow when I drive it from a cold start

Great! Thanks! Good Luck to you

·
Registered
192 Posts
For break squeaking sound -- dealer already known this issue, hopefully they can fix that for you
For AC doesn't produce enough warm issue -- dealer doesn't know that, I am in Northwest area of US, outside is around 40F for these days, put the AC to 75F, takes a lot of time for the car to make the cabin warm.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone
Same issue. I just picked up the car and this was the first annoyance. 76+ isn't normal to get the cabin warm especially with kids in the back it's a little worrisome. I will be curious on the central software update.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Since the Volvo temperature sensors are calibrated for "perceived temperature", it's literally all relative here. If you have to set to a higher temp than you are accustomed to, but the heat does work when set there, that is not a malfunction but a difference in perception.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Since the Volvo temperature sensors are calibrated for "perceived temperature", it's literally all relative here. If you have to set to a higher temp than you are accustomed to, but the heat does work when set there, that is not a malfunction but a difference in perception.
Need to set at "feel like 76F" to get 72F?
What is the measured temperature reading shown on Sensus then? I can't agree with this design. Any option to use actual degrees?

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm not understanding what you mean. Why is it when it's 50deg outside and it's cool in the cabin, when I set to 74, cool air still blows out? It works at 76+ but that doesn't make sense to me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't think this is anything to do with perceived temperature I'm sure it's a fault some of us are experiencing. Mine is intermittent and Volvo are supposed to be providing a software fix (they seem to understand that there is a problem).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
541 Posts
I don't think this is anything to do with perceived temperature I'm sure it's a fault some of us are experiencing. Mine is intermittent and Volvo are supposed to be providing a software fix (they seem to understand that there is a problem).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree. When I set the temp to 72, warm air should blow out until it hits 72 degrees and then the A/C should either shut off or adjust the fan speed to a minimum until it needs to activate again. There's no reason for it to be blowing out cool air. My Honda Odyssey's auto temp works this way and I never had to worry.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
There is a sunlight sensor. That is used to adjust the temperature of the heated air coming in.

You say "cool air" when 50F outside. To me, "cool air" is probably in 60's or low 70's F. If it was straight outside air, it would feel cold.

I've found that, if I want to keep getting *hot* air coming in (to make my hands toasty for instance), I have to raise the temperature way up. My body is comfortable but the incoming air is no longer really warm otherwise. Note that I'm not saying the air is *cold* without adjustment.

·
Registered
175 Posts
For a full week, this was not an issue for me. Heat in my car operated just as you'd expect from any other car out there. Yesterday, I had lojack and CarPlay installed - now I'm experiencing this same issue. Even with the heat set on 81 degrees, cold air is blowing in my face...the volvo in car app tells me it's actually 68 degrees in the car. My guess is either a calibration issue, a sensor issue (blocked by lojack?), or a software issue resulting from the CarPlay installation.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I'm not understanding what you mean. Why is it when it's 50deg outside and it's cool in the cabin, when I set to 74, cool air still blows out? It works at 76+ but that doesn't make sense to me.
I'm not 100% confident that I fully understand how this is working for people, and of course there may be some people with faulty climate systems but to answer this specifically: "cool in the cabin" is your perception and has nothing to do with either actual temperature in degrees, or whatever temp volvos algorithm has calculated the cabin should "feel". In the given scenario, I would assume the system is telling itself that it already "feels like 74" so it switches to only venting in fresh air, not heated air. When you raise it to 76, that is higher than the calculated perceived temperature in the cabin, so the heat cuts in to reach that new perceived temp.

I also will say that I agree that the perceived temp skews warm, meaning it is reluctant to pump in heat.

·
Registered
192 Posts
For a full week, this was not an issue for me. Heat in my car operated just as you'd expect from any other car out there. Yesterday, I had lojack and CarPlay installed - now I'm experiencing this same issue. Even with the heat set on 81 degrees, cold air is blowing in my face...the volvo in car app tells me it's actually 68 degrees in the car. My guess is either a calibration issue, a sensor issue (blocked by lojack?), or a software issue resulting from the CarPlay installation.
Was searching forum for exactly this problem...I have a loaner XC90 and for the first time, its actually cold here in New England...went outside to warm car up...put on HI both sides and let it sit. My wife claims it took forever (I'm guessing 15min maybe +/-) for it to start to blow warm air. Compared to my other vehicles this seems inordinately long from a cold start. (Used recirc air position as well). Can others comment how long it takes to blow warm from a cold start...When I say cold I mean below 30F and warm when you start to feel warm air from the vents.... thx

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Was searching forum for exactly this problem...I have a loaner XC90 and for the first time, its actually cold here in New England...went outside to warm car up...put on HI both sides and let it sit. My wife claims it took forever (I'm guessing 15min maybe +/-) for it to start to blow warm air. Compared to my other vehicles this seems inordinately long from a cold start. (Used recirc air position as well). Can others comment how long it takes to blow warm from a cold start...When I say cold I mean below 30F and warm when you start to feel warm air from the vents.... thx
The software update definitely works due to my wife's feeling

But now my poor xc90 is at the dealer shop again

See
What a shame, Volvo, my senus is totally down!
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?t=272842

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm having the same issue. If someone else can confirm that another software update related to climate addresses the issue that will be great. Also, I feel that there is little airflow in the second row even when I put it on max setting (5). I have to put it on 76+ for any heat it seems for at least 20-30min. I can then reduce to 74.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts