SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the 'Send destination to car" feature of the Volvo On Call app.
But, what bugs me is that these aren't retained as "recent destinations" in the GPS....am I missing something? Is there a way to easily do this rather than the somewhat tedious manual search and entry of locations while in the car?

Thanks for reading,
Greg

·
Registered
339 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question but you can also do this from the Here Maps app. Here Maps was recently purchased by Audi, Daimler and BMW.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
I really like the 'Send destination to car" feature of the Volvo On Call app.
But, what bugs me is that these aren't retained as "recent destinations" in the GPS....am I missing something? Is there a way to easily do this rather than the somewhat tedious manual search and entry of locations while in the car?

Thanks for reading,
Greg
You are correct. The function serves as a pure search and execute command. The destination will be retained in Sensus Navigation, under "Previous Destinations", if you want to go to it again.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANK YOU! I was looking under the wrong place..."stored destinations"...
Thanks, again!
Greg

·
Registered
616 Posts
Like you, I love the "send destination to car" function in Volvo on Call app. I finally pulled out the Sensus Navigation booklet from the car and sat down and read it. I'm still not sure how to save my home address in the system but will experiment soon with manual in hand. The Sensus Connected Touch with iGo app in our 2014 S60 with the touch screen is almost easier to use and save destinations than the Sensus Navigation in our 2015.5 V60CC but maybe just because that is what we are used to. I like them both for different reasons.

·
Registered
14 Posts
GregWeeg, I really like the "Send destination to car" feature too, but have an additional gripe. Every time I send a destination, the Navigation system resets the map settings to the defaults (I normally have it set to 3D view but it switches back to North Up). Any chance the same thing happens to you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts