SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 S60 T5, 2003 XC60
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2003 XC70, bought used in 2008, had 120K and had had the timing belt done, in fact all maintenance records showed the previous owner had done everything (all by the dealer that sold it to them). It now has 155K. My wife drives it infrequently, walks to work. It's been a great car, we've replace some front half axels, alternator, and the oil breather box, but the cat converter is probably coming up.
Dealer (same one) has a 2009 V70, great condition, with 158K. Interior, everything is in better condition that the XC70, and the dealer just replaced the drive belt when taking it in trade (it has a timing chain). For about $3000 we can sell ours and buy this. It's front wheel drive which is fine with me.

Would you trade the known for the nicer unknown? When we bought the XC70, we had really been looking for a V70.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
What engine? T6 or the nonturbo 3.2. I don’t think the engine is the issue here. You will notice... I say again you will notice a huuuuge difference between what is called the P2 and the P3 model. The V70 is better in handling roundabouts but the XC70 looks rougher then “the timber shipping out of Fond du Lac”. Go for the P3 model and thank me later. Difference is lightyears.
Don’t think you are a guy being a freak like most of us. Best $3000 you have ever spent. Thank me later.

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/car-reviews/volvo/v70/v70-2007-2010/

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2012 S60 T5, 2003 XC60
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a V70 3.2 Wagon - doesn't mention turbo. Anything I should ask about or check on?

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Personally, I'd have a hard time trading in a car with less miles for a newer one with more. That being said, I love my P3 V70... the cabin and tech are best suited for present day. I've put 50,000 miles on it since purchase with few repairs and needs (just an alternator around 90,000 miles).

What did you decide to do?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts