SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
That's funny. My office is on 3rd and Seneca, so you'll probably see my Sonic Blue S60R from time to time. Actually going home yesterday I saw a gray S60R with atacama (at about 5:15 PM) down by Qwest Field.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (flybynight)

I'll start looking for a SB S60R. If you see a Ti Grey V70 R with dark tinted windows and a rack on top it's probably me. My office is 2nd and Seneca; the Ban Roll-on building.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Re: Seattle - Ti Grey w/Nordkap S60R on 2nd Avenue and Seneca (dgloveR)

If it's someone on here, my guess is jazee. He's got a Ti Grey and works downtown I believe.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Re: (dgloveR)

Quote, originally posted by dgloveR »
I'll start looking for a SB S60R. If you see a Ti Grey V70 R with dark tinted windows and a rack on top it's probably me. My office is 2nd and Seneca; the Ban Roll-on building.

No way. I look right down on your building. I'm in the UPS-brown colored building across the street. It is the 1111 3rd Ave building. My office is on the 23rd floor looking straight over at your building. In fact I'm looking at it right now. I park my car in my building everyday.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Hey wait I think I see you...do you have brown hair and a cape on? No that's not it, blond hair and no cape? We have a few offices in that building as well. We're moving to the new tower in about a month or so but I will not be parking the R there due to ongoing construction.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Re: (dgloveR)

Hmmmm... could have been me on my way from Two Union out of town. Did the car have Swedish export plates and a car seat in the back by chance...? There is a black S60R with Atacama that parks in the Two Union garage as well... also an OSD car, but no plates.

I've been noticing a lot more R's around town lately. The model really seems to be catching on.

- Tryg

·
Registered
3,344 Posts

Hey dgloveR,

I see you are in Bothell and I am wondering if I ran into you outside of the Blockbuster Video off of 200th near I-5 a few months ago. I had a *very* brief conversation with someone who pulled up in a shiny Titanium V70R, but I can't for the life of me remember the interior color. Was it you?

- Tryg

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Re: (RainyS60R)

Quote, originally posted by RainyS60R »
Hmmmm... could have been me on my way from Two Union out of town. Did the car have Swedish export plates and a car seat in the back by chance...? There is a black S60R with Atacama that parks in the Two Union garage as well... also an OSD car, but no plates.

I've been noticing a lot more R's around town lately. The model really seems to be catching on.

- Tryg

No it did not. I have the red Swedish plates on my '06 Sonic Blue, though. I haven't removed the big S for Sweden yet...But I plan on it. Being Norwegian it is little weird for me driving with an S on my car instead of an N

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RainyS60R - It wasn't me...I'm actually over on the Kirkland/Woodinville side of Bothell.

Tigers81 - Yes this is the ex-Atlanta dgloveR. I moved out here last October; just in time for the rainiest season in over thirty years. But the snow has been nice.

I'm heading down to IPD in a few weeks to hav the car reflashed. The "other" ECU has caused permanent faults.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Re: Seattle - Ti Grey w/Nordkap S60R on 2nd Avenue and Seneca (RainyS60R)

Quote, originally posted by RainyS60R »
I am wondering if I ran into you outside of the Blockbuster Video off of 200th near I-5 a few months ago. I had a *very* brief conversation with someone who pulled up in a shiny Titanium V70R, but I can't for the life of me remember the interior color. Was it you?

- Tryg

That was me actually

The UPS store where I get/send work packages is next door to the Blockbuster.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts

Yeah, I still have the "S" sticker on my car as well... The OSD Delivery Center was nice enough to grant my wish for a stack of extra decals. Good thing because even with days and nights spent in garages, the big black "S" has faded to a loveley reddish-gray color. I can't bring myself to remove the decal because I don't want the Honda Civic tuner crowd to think I purchased my plates on eBay, just as they do. I think the decal adds a little authenticity. I laughed out loud the other day when I saw a cheesy looking Acura with what appeared to be yellow German plates. I highly doubt that the obviously US-spec car ever touched the Autobahn. Too bad! I'd like to see what effect all that flimsy tacked-on plastic skirting and the giant 747-esque rear wing would have at top speed. Some of these cars look like they would actually fly rather than stick to the road. It must truly ruin a tuner's day when I beat them off the line in a stock Volvo with a toddler giggling in the backseat!!!
(please don't call CPS - I'm a safe driver, I promise)

- Tryg

Flybynight, I'm also Norwegian (well, first-gen US anyways) and was thinking of balancing out the rear window with a Sons of Norway sticker on the passenger side. Too much Scandinavian "bling-bling"?

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Re: Seattle - Ti Grey w/Nordkap S60R on 2nd Avenue and Seneca (kr900)

kr900, great looking car! I think I told you but I wanted that exact car and my wife argued for the sedan. She couldn't handle the idea of a 6-speed manual in a wagon. Now, she doesn't even want to drive the R because she prefers the simplicity of the automatic in her Honda Pilot. To think I let her talk me out of the wagon... next time perhaps.

- Tryg (he who has no backbone)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Seattle - Ti Grey w/Nordkap S60R on 2nd Avenue and Seneca (RainyS60R)

It could be worse. My wife talked me into a GT wagon because she was going to drive it. Now she want's a minivan so I'm stuck with the GT.
At least the torque limiter has been removed. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

I saw a V70R Titanium/Gobi @ Tu Casa Restaurant (next to Wendy's) Bel-Red around 1pm today.

Someone?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts