SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am new here, and am planning to have an early January 2020 delivery (Jan 2nd or 3rd 2020) for XC60 T5. Since people mentioned ordering dealer and delivery dealer have to be the same one, I wonder if you guys have any recommendations for an experienced dealer in Seattle.

What are the chances that I would be getting the date I wanted?

Thank you so much!

·
Registered
305 Posts
If you don't mind a short trip south, we got our XC40 T5 RDesign through Jim Fischer Volvo in Portland. They've been in business since the 50's. Tom Kirby knows his OSD stuff really well, was a joy to work with and took great care of us.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hi,
I am new here, and am planning to have an early January 2020 delivery (Jan 2nd or 3rd 2020) for XC60 T5. Since people mentioned ordering dealer and delivery dealer have to be the same one, I wonder if you guys have any recommendations for an experienced dealer in Seattle.

What are the chances that I would be getting the date I wanted?

Thank you so much!
Prior to placing our OSD order in December 2017, I took the time (I’m retired...lol) to visit the four dealers in the central Puget Sound. Primarily I was just checking out various color combinations in anticipation of our order. At the Bellevue location I was completely ignored by the sales staff. At Lynwood, I was greeted by a salesman but as soon as I mentioned OSD he said you should talk to Xyz, he’s not here right now, but should return in 20 or 30 minutes. That sales guy then went back to his cubicle to finish eating his sandwich. At Tacoma I met with an older sales man, who proved to VERY in tune with the OSD program. Unfortunately, before I could order through him, he left for “greener pastures”, ie he was laid off. But, he did give me a good contact at Seattle Volvo, Tom Schroeder. Matt Berry at Seattle actually helped with my order, and since he’s a little new at this, Tom stepped in whenever a little assistance was needed. The process could NOT have been smoother, I’d recommend Seattle Volvo over any of the others. My second choice probably would have been Lynwood, except for their lackadaisical approach.

PS. In Tacoma, after the sales guy I liked departed, the sales manager tried his best to upsell me to a Jaguar, Audi, or Land Rover. He persisted even though at the very start I made it abundantly clear I wanted a VOLVO.

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
I did with a person seems new to this in 2017 at Bellevue. They have a more experienced person there to help. Of course I probably learned everything here already and kept close eye on it so no problem at all. They could be more experienced now, and split out of AutoNation chain store. So it is fine to give these local guys a try. You have us here if any problem. lol.

Jan 2 pick up should be good if you place order this month. In 2017 I order T8 in June and picked up in december, seems not a rush to them at all.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
473 Posts
If you don't mind a short trip south, we got our XC40 T5 RDesign through Jim Fischer Volvo in Portland. They've been in business since the 50's. Tom Kirby knows his OSD stuff really well, was a joy to work with and took great care of us.
Ditto on Jim Fisher in Portland. I have done 2 OSD with Dale there. Have chit chatted with Tom Kirby as well. If you can't find what you need in Seattle then you would be well served to go to Jim Fisher

*my home is in Bend. A 3 hour drive from Portland

·
Registered
22 Posts
Another plug for Volvo Seattle - the team there is great! When we went to the Bellevue dealership last August, we got a very inexperienced sales person that I would not trust to put in an OSD order. Our friends purchased from Sandberg in Lynnwood but there was no mention of OSD, which they were disappointed about after finding out that we're going to Sweden.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oops, didn't know i actually got so many responses already... Really appreciated everyone's input!!! I reached out to Seattle Volvo, inquiring OSD program last week. Haven't heard back from them yet (Maybe i should ask for Tom). Jim Berus from Volvo Lynnwood got back to me the same day. Seems like he's specialized in OSD. Will see how it goes. Thanks again everyone!!

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Another plug for Volvo Seattle - the team there is great! When we went to the Bellevue dealership last August, we got a very inexperienced sales person that I would not trust to put in an OSD order. Our friends purchased from Sandberg in Lynnwood but there was no mention of OSD, which they were disappointed about after finding out that we're going to Sweden.
The Bellevue location now belongs to the same organization that owns Volvo Cars Seattle; therefore, if you are happy with Volvo Cars Seattle but live closer to the Bellevue area, reach out to Tom at the original Volvo Cars Seattle location and ask him to help you with the Bellevue store.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GrecianVolvo, thanks so much! That's great to know. Bellevue location is the closest among the 4 dealerships in Seattle area. Will definitely reach out to Tom and ask for help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts