SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm having a hard time getting a test drive for a C30 R-Design around Puget Sound. The one car in Kirkland sold yesterday. The one in Seattle is impossible to locate for the dealer that listed it (I called 3 times yesterday and today). The one in Everett is wrongly listed as an R-Design. The closest other car is in Portland, too far for a test drive.

So is anyone in here willing to give my daughter and I a test drive? We can buy you beer or name your price :)

Why it is important to us? We have to choose between the 07 S60R and C30 R-Design. I know the S60 but never drove a C30 (the closest was a S40 and a C70 many years ago as dealer loaners and I don't remember much). Daughter does not have experience with any but the car will actually be hers so she has the last word in deciding. There are deals showing up for both cars but they require travel. We need to have a decision very soon.

Thanks a lot!

P.S. We arranged for a S60R drive tomorrow so that part is taken care of.

·
3,899 Posts
The 30 is more nimble but lacks the top end power and the torque. Still they are both solid cars but personally I like feeling the AWD power as I come out of a corner. The S60R also rides way more comfortable.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm with you on this (I own a manual V70R), but I'm not the driver for the new car and she cannot drive the stick so she cannot drive my car. But all that is taken care of.

The part we need to experience is the C30. The rear looks cramped but college kids may have a different opinion and they may find S60R too "big", "heavy", or "grown up".

These are two very different cars and that's why we are looking for good C30 R-Design people to help us out.

·
3,899 Posts
The C30 is an excellent college car, nimble and super easy to load stuff in an out. Plus the hatch has way more room than an SR. I've had both and gas mpg is at least 20% better in the C30.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I’ve got both and the C30 is the better car for college kids. Aside from it being hard to get in the back seat, it’s comfortable, cavernous with the back seats down, and damned good looking. I’ve only had to replace the pcv and both axels in 145,000 mikes of ownership. Gas mileage is significantly better in the 30, too

2007 V70R Ti Grey Nordkap GT, 2008 C30R-Design Black M66

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great info. Thanks!

I'm still looking for a test drive. Please let me know if you are in Puget Sound area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts