SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

looking for some insight, or if this is how your car works as well. Sometimes, my car seems to forget to warn of the seatbelts not being buckled. Randomly, if a seatbelt is not buckled, I will get the typical overhead warning light, and the beeping from the car. It will continue as I drive. Same goes for the passenger seat. Other times, I get nothing at all, no beeps, no seatbelt warning light, etc. But what is weird is it doesn't seem to matter if I am parked or driving or anything. If its working, it works normally, if it isn't working, I wouldn't even know if a seatbelt is unbuckled or buckled. But the weirdest part is, the gauge cluster registers when one is not in use but senses the presence of someone if I open the door or unbuckle my belt. I still wont get any warnings or beeps, but the pictogram of the interior will light the corresponding seats up in red, and show the buckle once the buckle is clicked in and then fade away after a short delay. Hopefully my description makes sense!

I feel like this is definitely not normal operation and seems like a glitch...?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hmmm, I've had instances where it may take a little longer than usual for the beeping to start if you aren't buckled in. But it seems to function normally for me. How new is your car? The reason why I ask is because I've heared of freaky things when you take delivery of the car and it's still in "Guest Mode" profile.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm, I've had instances where it may take a little longer than usual for the beeping to start if you aren't buckled in. But it seems to function normally for me. How new is your car? The reason why I ask is because I've heared of freaky things when you take delivery of the car and it's still in "Guest Mode" profile.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I actually have mine set in a driver profile and everything, so I know its not in any weird mode. I got the car about a month ago and was told it was updated to all the current levels. Hopefully it will just clear up on its own... lol gotta love technology

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’ve got a 2019 v60 and the same thing happens to me when I first get in - sometimes it warns me and sometimes it doesn’t. But it always pops up when anyone undoes their belt while driving. Very random.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts