SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have any problems with the seat belts in their S40/V50? I had the right rear one replaced at about 1500km, when it locked up in the retracted position. Now, the right front did the same thing last weekend. I can put up with some niggly poop, but a VOLVO, of all cars, should NOT have a bad seat belt. Going in on Friday for that, and a few other issues.<p> Al

·
Registered
89 Posts
Re: Seatbelt problems? (Al Canuck)

My driver's side seat belt occasionally locks into place. If I move the seat as far back as it will go it unlocks. (I think I read that solution somewhere on this forum.) It's only happened about 4 or 5 times in the year+ I've had the car but it's still annoying. Haven't bothered mentioning it to the dealer.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I have pretty frequent issues with it locking when trying to put it on. I complained at my last service, but of course they could not duplicate it so they did nothing about it

·
Registered
158 Posts
Re: (bpwrightwv)

Same thing. Both front belts have lock so that you couldn't pull them out to put them on. Moving the seat would unlock them. It has been random and the dealer has been unable to duplicate the problem.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (rodlentino)

Wow, glad I'm not the only one, but still, that's terrible, ESPECIALLY in a Volvo.<p>I had the rear one replaced under warranty already, as it simply would not come out for almost a week. I doubt they will replace the front one on Friday, as it's working fine now. Perhaps if I raise enough stink, they might.<p>I find it amazing how much I can get done under warranty when I remind the dealer that the title of my car is under Pacific Auto Restorations Inc, of which I'm the president, as well as a licensed tech!<p> Al

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Re: Seatbelt problems? (Al Canuck)

I've always thought the Swedish seatbelts were pretty aggressive- they'd lock up on anything, like a quick pull on it when in your in a hurry. My parents had an Saab 900 when I was a kid, and I remember those seltbelts were like that.<p>I suppose it's better than the seat belt just slacking and giving you an additional 5ft of belt when you don't really need it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Seatbelt problems? (eurotrash)

Slacking up too much on the belt is pretty bad, too, no doubt. That said, if the passenger can't even wear the belt at all, such as in my case, that's even worse! I can put up with niggly poop on this car, but seatbelts? That pisses me off.<p> Al

1 - 9 of 9 Posts