SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a recommendation for a seat back kick mat for front facing car seat? I ordered one off amazon for $15 for 2 for wife’s car, but has horrendous smell and seems cheap. Volvo one is $42 each. Just looking for recommendations before I pull the trigger. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I thought the hard surface of the seatback is an integrated protector. It cleans relatively easily with damp cloth.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Don’t waste your money on those.
They never seem to stay in place and they are annoying to the front seat passenger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't waste your money on those.
They never seem to stay in place and they are annoying to the front seat passenger.

Thanks! Makes total sense. Forgot the seats have the hard back.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
The Volvo seat back protectors are great. They fully cover the front seats' backs or can be unfolded and used to protect the seating surface the kids or their car seats sit on. Volvo has 2 different types (we have both) and of the black ones we have 4 in each of our XC90s and use the grey ones that are a little smaller for the 3rd row. The black ones are especially great in that they also give the kids more storage for their Lego bits, books, DVDs (for our older XC90), headphones, etc. while protecting the seat back. They do a good job staying in place even when loaded up with stuff.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/volvo-child-seat-kick-guard-31428081

We got ours for each car while on OSD so they had been less costly than in the US. In our 2010, they're 9 years old and continue to take a beating. While they are great quality and last, I'm sure you could find something that would more basic for a lot less.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
don't agree. We have this https://www.amazon.com/Brica-64014-...&s=gateway&sprefix=seat+back+,aps,195&sr=8-47 and it makes me less stressed knowing the kids are constantly kicking on these instead of my actual seats.

The belt/buckle doesn't bother front passengers at all. They're less than $20/pair. Some other variations can be had for < $15. For $7/seat, I see it as no brainer. We have it in both rows as the center row seatbacks are constantly stepped on by kids going to third row.

·
Registered
898 Posts
don't agree. We have this https://www.amazon.com/Brica-64014-...&s=gateway&sprefix=seat+back+,aps,195&sr=8-47 and it makes me less stressed knowing the kids are constantly kicking on these instead of my actual seats.

The belt/buckle doesn't bother front passengers at all. They're less than $20/pair. Some other variations can be had for < $15. For $7/seat, I see it as no brainer. We have it in both rows as the center row seatbacks are constantly stepped on by kids going to third row.
FYI
I was referring to the Volvo ones
Had them for free from the dealer and it's really a pain to keep them in place.
Gives the car a cheapish look and never held their place.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts

I'll second what Tony said. I have had those same mats in my T5M for about 5 years, and they've held up a LOT better than the backs of the front seats would've without them. In fact, they pretty much still look brand new. I've had a couple other ones, and the Bricas are far and away loads better.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Anyone have a recommendation for a seat back kick mat for front facing car seat? I ordered one off amazon for $15 for 2 for wife's car, but has horrendous smell and seems cheap. Volvo one is $42 each. Just looking for recommendations before I pull the trigger. Thanks!
The Volvo protectors are excellent. We have them in both the S60 and XC90 from day one. Highly recommend them, worth the $$$.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The Volvo protectors are excellent. We have them in both the S60 and XC90 from day one. Highly recommend them, worth the $$$.
^This. I have tried many of the cheaper ones off of Amazon. The Volvo mats are far and away better in quality. They are durable, attractive, and cover the entire back of the seat.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Have had the Volvo one since 2016, still holding up great. Kids love the pockets to put their small toys. I keep the part that folds to the floor up. As if they do spill, it makes a bigger mess than hitting the weather mats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have the volvo seat protector and it works great. It stays in place and protects the seat from scrapes from shoes.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Have had the Volvo one since 2016, still holding up great. Kids love the pockets to put their small toys. I keep the part that folds to the floor up. As if they do spill, it makes a bigger mess than hitting the weather mats.
I have the volvo seat protector and it works great. It stays in place and protects the seat from scrapes from shoes.
FYI
I was referring to the Volvo ones
Had them for free from the dealer and it's really a pain to keep them in place.
Gives the car a cheapish look and never held their place.
yah... apprently everyone disagrees with you on THAT as well. ;)

·
Registered
189 Posts

I'll second what Tony said. I have had those same mats in my T5M for about 5 years, and they've held up a LOT better than the backs of the front seats would've without them. In fact, they pretty much still look brand new. I've had a couple other ones, and the Bricas are far and away loads better.
Third - I've got those same ones in my car and my wife's...they hold up fine. They don't bother the passenger at all if installed correctly. You can easily shove the bottom strap into the seat crack without it even being visible. I know the back of the seat is hard plastic, but my kid would still find a way to scratch it all up. With those, I don't even care. I didn't even look at the Volvo OEM ones - these work fine.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Based on what was said, I reached out to Volvo customer care and asked for a discount. They emailed me a 30% rebate, so I pulled the trigger and got 2 seat back protectors from the local dealer. I just installed them and based on the other ones in my wife’s car purchased on amazon, the Volvo OEM are far superior in design, weight, and overall looks to the amazon ones. Plus, at $31.50 each after rebate, they are well worth the extra $$ in build quality and construction. Thanks again Swedespeed community! Now I just need another 30% off for Polestar upgrade!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Based on what was said, I reached out to Volvo customer care and asked for a discount. They emailed me a 30% rebate, so I pulled the trigger and got 2 seat back protectors from the local dealer. I just installed them and based on the other ones in my wife's car purchased on amazon, the Volvo OEM are far superior in design, weight, and overall looks to the amazon ones. Plus, at $31.50 each after rebate, they are well worth the extra $$ in build quality and construction. Thanks again Swedespeed community! Now I just need another 30% off for Polestar upgrade!
How did you get the 30% rebate and does it work for 1 item or the entire order? I'm thinking of picking up the Padded Upholstery For Integrated Booster Seat (Part 31414896) as well.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
1 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts