SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will s60R seats fit in my 05 t5 with little modification? I want to find a nice black leather set of seats that has a more sporty look than my stock grey t-tec's. The s60R seats in black leather would be about what I'm going for. Does anyone have any seat swapping stories to share? Recaro?, Bride?, I'm considering all options

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you want black leather, consider Coverking real leather covers. At least take a look at them. Should be around $550 or so. I'm just south of SLO, and should have the vinyl leatherette covers relatively soon for a bit under $250.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I got my OEM replacements in ebay for 300 bucks. pretty good condition, so the planned upholstery renewal was out of the question.
thought about recaros for a long time - but 650 euros for one seat is a bit much.
(for the 'pole position' model that is).

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The cheapest way to swap s60 seats into your s40 is trading your s40 for an s60 lol. On a serious note my old s60 seats were the most comfortable I have ever been in, its like siting on a cloud. The s40 is a bit stiff being its suppose to be sporty, not sure about the leather as I have t-tec. I don't believe due to the size they will fit and nobody has tried a swap. Whip out a measuring tape and get some dimensions, I think the s60's seats are to wide.

Either way swapping the seats would compromise the whips system, thats something else to keep in mind. My vote would be getting s40 seat skins (black) and go with a red stitching, would look awesome

·
Super Moderator
2,989 Posts
I can try to get some measurements if you like as I have a S60R, but the leather does not come in black. Options are Gobi (Beige), Atacama (Orange-y) and Nordkap (Blue). Just by eye-balling I will say they won't fit because the seats in the R are too wide. You also have to wire them up correctly for the SIPS and seat motors to work.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
wrap yourself in some brides

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Will s60R seats fit in my 05 t5 with little modification?
aldebaran
I can try to get some measurements if you like as I have a S60R, but the leather does not come in black. Options are Gobi (Beige), Atacama (Orange-y) and Nordkap (Blue). Just by eye-balling I will say they won't fit because the seats in the R are too wide. You also have to wire them up correctly for the SIPS and seat motors to work. ?
iv been thinking of doing this for so long .. Please let us know!!!!!!! :thumbup::beer:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you want black leather, consider Coverking real leather covers. At least take a look at them. Should be around $550 or so. I'm just south of SLO, and should have the vinyl leatherette covers relatively soon for a bit under $250.
@Artema, Are you going to have these covers FS? Or are you just now purchasing them? I'd like to see the covers in person. it's nice to know i'm not the only Central Coast volvo on SS:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just from looking at pictures of them I have a feeling they would be too wide and I would be biting off more than I can chew with the s60 swap. So I'm left with re-wrapping my OEM seats or throwing in some Brides or Recaros, but then adios SIPS:thumbdown:. Has anyone done a clean re-wrapping of the stock seats?

·
Super Moderator
2,989 Posts
Just from looking at pictures of them I have a feeling they would be too wide and I would be biting off more than I can chew with the s60 swap. So I'm left with re-wrapping my OEM seats or throwing in some Brides or Recaros, but then adios SIPS:thumbdown:. Has anyone done a clean re-wrapping of the stock seats?
Ask George at Viva, he has reupholstered his R seats in red before and the workmanship looks top notch.

http://www.vivaperformance.com/custom-leather-interior-s60r/

·
Registered
22 Posts
@Artema, Are you going to have these covers FS? Or are you just now purchasing them? I'd like to see the covers in person. it's nice to know i'm not the only Central Coast volvo on SS:thumbup::thumbup:
Ah, no, these are for my wife's "new" S40. If you wanted, you could come down this way some and take a look sometime (after they arrive). I just ordered this weekend. Should be very similar to the more expensive full leather version.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
It can be done I looked into it. To do an aftermarket seat replacement you can get away with eliminating all but the factory seat belt receptacles and the passenger occupant weight sensor. U could use aftermarket belts but I don't recall that you can program the seat belt warning light completely off which would drive me nuts.

The OWS would need to be retrofitted into the passenger seat, in which u would then need Volvo to calibrate the sensor using VIDA. Custom brackets for the seat should be a half hour job for a fabricator and should be fairly straight forward. All said and done between the seats (don't buy cheap seats), custom brackets, and the know how/hoops required to properly do the install you would be looking at a couple grand.

For that I don't think the stock seats are all that bad unless ur doing time attack or autocross and/or going for a show stopper haha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts