SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone who has done a skin swap on the seats chime in and let me know if they are all interchangeable? The reason I ask is that S70 seat skins changed from 98 to 99. I want to clarify if C70 skins also changed. Looking to buy some for my 98.

Gary

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Can someone who has done a skin swap on the seats chime in and let me know if they are all interchangeable? The reason I ask is that S70 seat skins changed from 98 to 99. I want to clarify if C70 skins also changed. Looking to buy some for my 98.

Gary
Gary,

Just the fronts? You can swap the whole foam over iirc. I did my front and rear seats and while interior to charcoal this past spring on my convertible.

I think the seat bottoms will work the back week just need the seat lever thingy cut out.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, let me try to clarify. Will seat skins from an 03-04 fit on the seats in my 98?

·
Registered
06 Vr 6sp, 98 T5V 5sp
581 Posts
In short, yes. The 99 and up seat bottoms have an additional section of leather that covers the hinge mechanism, in 98 its simply a plastic cover. I know that the V/S seats changed in 00, Im not sure if the C70 seats changed as well. I don't think you would have a problem putting 04 skins on your 98 frame, but if you could get the 04 seat foam as well you would be much better off making the skins fit if the frames are any different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.