SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning to repair a split seat on my v70. Need to remove the seat skin and sew it up. Need a pair of hog ring pliers and enough rings to do a single seat. I know I can get these online but wondering if there is a local source for these in Toronto?

IMG_0002.jpg

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Planning to repair a split seat on my v70. Need to remove the seat skin and sew it up. Need a pair of hog ring pliers and enough rings to do a single seat. I know I can get these online but wondering if there is a local source for these in Toronto?

View attachment 53709
Princess Auto...or you can borrow mine. Just send me a message. I’ve got loads of hog rings too if you need some.

2002 V70XC, 2003 V40, 2004 S60, 2010 V70

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Princess Auto...or you can borrow mine. Just send me a message. I’ve got loads of hog rings too if you need some.

2002 V70XC, 2003 V40, 2004 S60, 2010 V70
Thanks! Picked them up this AM. Really didn't need your house number what with all those Volvos in the driveway!

·
Registered
5,316 Posts

View attachment 53709
Mine is just starting to do this on the outside seam. Will need to repair it at some point.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I got my hog ring pliers and rings at Home Hardware years ago. Not sure if they still carry it. Princess Auto does have it though or you could try a local upholstery shop. Doubt they will sell you the pliers but they might hook you up with the rings.

I did a similar repair to my seat about a month ago. The split seam will need to be stitched back up. I did mine by hand threading into the existing holes and you can't even tell it ever split. Looks factory.

At some point I do want to replace my covers with the ones listed in the ad above although I've been holding off to perhaps get some T5 seats.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts