SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quick question. Currently the seat memory seems to be a bit broken. The mirrors do move the the approriate position when you press a memroy button, but the seat does not.<br>The seat controls do work - that is, the seat moves when you use the buttons to move the seat.<p>Is there a way to "reset" the seat memory? I tried to search but did not have any luck.<p>Thanks!<br>

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Seat memory reset? (PhilUp)

Nope - it doesn't "take" if that makes sense.<p>I also think that if I disconnect the main battery this memory is retained, right?<p><BR><BR>
<i>Modified by FastWgn at 2:15 PM 5-27-2009</i>

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Re: Seat memory reset? (FastWgn)

Not sure, gonna have to defer to someone more knowledgeable. Sometimes my position buttons lose their memory like you describe but I'm able to re-program them.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Re: Seat memory reset? (PhilUp)

Try pulling the fuse, I had an odd problem where the seat would not move at all which was cured by pulling the fuse for a minute.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Seat memory reset? (xman03)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>xman03</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Try pulling the fuse, I had an odd problem where the seat would not move at all which was cured by pulling the fuse for a minute. </TD></TR></TABLE><p>Thank you - I will try that. Anything you need to do to actually reset the memory? I recall that it retain its contents even when you discinnect the battery.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: Seat memory reset? (FastWgn)

My '01 did this awhile ago. <p>To fix it I turned the car off; <br>Got out of the car; <br>Locked the car with the FOB;<br>Unlocked the car with the FOB;<br>Got in the car and started the engine;<br>Moved seat to my preferred position;<br>Pressed the MEM button along with the desired number.<p>I read this on another forum somewhere and it worked for me. The seat has remembered ever since.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fixed!

Removed the fuse the seat, pressed a button to make sure it was completely drained of power, and reinsert the fuse.<br>Now the memory works again. Thanks for the advice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts