SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I get in my 04, the seat is reclined like 6". Not a ton but not where I left it. I think it has something to do with the seat memory or key memory or whatever... How do I reset everything? When I push the seat memory buttons, only my mirrors move and I have no idea how to program that either lol

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Set the seat where you want it. Then hold the memory button and press whatever position you desire.

Your car IS sick! :D

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I push the memory buttons even to hold them, my mirrors just move and I have to readjust them. It's so annoying!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
No, there is a button that says MEM on it. This is the memory programming button. Hold the MEM button down, and at the same time press 1, 2, or 3. This saves the current position under whatever number you saved it as.

Volvo manual instruction: http://new.volvocars.com/ownersdocs/2007/2007_XC90/07xc90_04.htm

It's about 1/4 way down the page, P.87

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ohhhhhh... I'll have to try that next time I drive it. It's do annoying. Every time I get in I have to adjust the seat.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do you use the same key all the time? Because when you lock and unlock with the same key it stores that position as well. If you are using different keys each time it could be that was how they were set.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I use the same key. It's like I set the seat how I like it, drive it, park it, lock it.. And when I get in, the driver seat is reclined 6 inches.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
696 Posts
Try using the MEM button as suggested above, though my understanding is that even if you don't set a seat position into memory using the buttons, the car should still remember your position (seat and mirrors) based on your key fob. If you have another fob, try swapping and see if the other one will make the car remember your seat position when you lock the car using that fob.

All this is spelled out in the owners manual, so read it in detail if you haven't already. It does seem like yours is behaving oddly, though.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did read the manual haha.. Its just been an ongoing battle with my seat.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I'm not sure if you ever figured this out, but I had this problem with my '04. The problem? My leg was hitting the recline switch when I'd get out. The solution? I popped off the switch. It never happened again. I'll most likely do that again if I get the '06 I'm looking at.

Grab the switch, and give it a good pull. It'll pop back on if/when you need to use it. For as easy as it comes off, I'm wondering if Volvo realized this could happen, so the switch was designed for easy removal. LOL

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Update: the seat controls were located closer to the front of the seat, at least starting with 2006. My seat hasn't reclined on its own since my leg isn't hitting the switch when I get out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts