SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've never seen manufacturers release their own seat covers - usually they're from other companies and sold in aftermarket car accessory shops

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Why? They are leather. Just seal and clean. Seat covers don't stay any cleaner
Exactly!

I find seat covers tacky looking especially in a car like this lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Exactly!

I find seat covers tacky looking especially in a car like this lol
You don't have my kids who look to destroy anything :) Yes, I agree I like the look of the regular seats better, but would rather have the extra protection for a few years while they are young, then take them off. We did it in our minivan and with car seats, toys, food, etc. it is worth it (sealing won't prevent cuts as well as the neoprene covers).

·
Registered
148 Posts
There are the tacky seat covers that people put over the front seats of their Honda Civics and Rav4's. Then there are the protective covers that go under children's car seats to protect from damage to the cushion, toddler vomit, and pulverized in gold fish crackers.

I think the OP is looking for the latter.

I asked my dealer about them and he said there weren't any. I was planning on getting some of the rubberized sold by the car seat makers.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I agree, some of these seat covers I have seen are awful looking & have very thin fabric. We have friends who use the cheap polyester ones in their Murano :facepalm:

If you just need something under the car seats, we used a large double piece of vinyl fabric (folded) that matched our black leather in our X5 (we had 3 car seats at one point - toddler & twins :):))

·
Registered
785 Posts
Volvo used to offer full protective seat covers but demand was very low. For child seats the following is offered:

http://accessories.volvocars.com/en-us/XC90(16-)/Accessories/Document/VCC-472767/2016

This is a dual purpose accessory. It can be utilized under a child seat to protect the vehicle upholstery. Later, when the child is forward facing, this cover can be reversed and hung on the back of a front seat to protect the seat back from dirty shoes as well as providing pockets for books, toys, iPads, etc. I have one in each of our cars and our daughter enjoys having "storage" so close to her.

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
My child seats came with a protective mat that goes between the child seat and the car seat - including the backrest. I think that's enough unless you get something like Blonde leather then seat covers would be a must!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts