SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good waterproof seat cover for Volvo seats? I'll be using my V60 for fishing trips; we frequently change positions during the day, so we hop in and out of the car wearing waders. I'm more interested in ease of installation/removal than appearance or fit, as these will be installed just for fishing trips then removed. Weathertech looks like a decent option, but I'm hoping someone with experience can weigh in. Thanks in advance - T.

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I got one of these for my V60CC as I get dirty often over weekends. I have not tried it on yet as my car is still sitting at the port (Baltimore) as of this writing but it works for my SLK and Mini as it is a loose fit design. It is well made.

https://getdryrub.com/products/dry-rub-medium-car-seat-cover-only-with-extended-coverage-seat-anchor
Thanks for the recommendation. After looking at a lot of seat covers, I went with the Dry Rub covers. I think they’re exactly what I need; very quick and easy to put on/take off, good coverage, and they stay put. Here’s a pic of the Dry Rub Medium installed on the driver’s side of my 2020 V60 CC. You drape them over the headrest (there’s a headrest “pocket”), stuff a small plastic handle between the seat back and bottom cushion to anchor the back, and stretch the elastic bottom around the lower front of the seat cushion. There also is an anchor strap that wraps around the base of the seat and clips together in the back. Installation takes about 30 seconds and removal is even faster. These will only be installed on an as-needed basis, like when I’m fishing or hiking and want to protect my beautiful nappa leather seats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation. After looking at a lot of seat covers, I went with the Dry Rub covers. I think they’re exactly what I need; very quick and easy to put on/take off, good coverage, and they stay put. Here’s a pic of the Dry Rub Medium installed on the driver’s side of my 2020 V60 CC. You drape them over the headrest (there’s a headrest “pocket”), stuff a small plastic handle between the seat back and bottom cushion to anchor the back, and stretch the elastic bottom around the lower front of the seat cushion. There also is an anchor strap that wraps around the base of the seat and clips together in the back. Installation takes about 30 seconds and removal is even faster. These will only be installed on an as-needed basis, like when I’m fishing or hiking and want to protect my beautiful nappa leather seats!

You are welcome! I was going to upload a photo of mine today but you saved my time! Glad you like it. I also use it on demand. By the way, according to the manual, the plastic anchor should not be used for WHIPS to properly work. I leave it out and in fact, I am going to cut it off completely (and possibly the front strap, which I find a pain in the neck) so that it will not scuff the leather.

I also used a leather protectant (Shield from Colourlock, highly recommended) on the seats so my seat is well protected.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tip regarding WHIPS. I admit ... I didn’t read the manual. I’ll check it out.

I was thinking about skipping the bottom strap altogether too. It seems like the elastic lower panel keeps everything in place on its own.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts