SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Is there any way to activate an easy-entry feature for the driver's seat like in other cars?
For the driver's seat to go back when the engine is shut-off to make exiting the car more convenient?

Other cars have this feature for more than 10 years back...

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Nope.
You could program into one of the 3(!) seat presets a position where the seat is backed up. You would have to press this preset seat button before getting out. When you get back in, the seat will still be in the "backed up" position so you'd need to use/press another seat preset to move the seat to a driving position.
I'm guessing this is the best/closest you can get to your desired seat behavior.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope.
You could program into one of the 3(!) seat presets a position where the seat is backed up. You would have to press this preset seat button before getting out. When you get back in, the seat will still be in the "backed up" position so you'd need to use/press another seat preset to move the seat to a driving position.
I'm guessing this is the best/closest you can get to your desired seat behavior.
Not a bad idea... I might try it....

Shame this feature is missing though from such a tech advanced car...

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Shame this feature is missing though from such a tech advanced car...
Haha, this feature wasn't (and isn't) on my must-have or should-have list
TEHO

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have grown accustomed to having Easy Entry that moves both the seat and steering wheel on my former Lexus, MBZ and Tesla in the past 14+ years. For me, it’s a been a great feature that not only helps me get in/out easier, but helps reduce bolster wear and blue jean dye transfer (my butt does not rub the seat edge as much when I get in/out), and in my Tesla, positioning the seat a little more forward for entry/exit does not wear the B-pillar leather edge that is easily hit by your rear or arm if I leave the seat further back in my normal driving position.

As has been suggested above, before my Tesla had a firmware update to supply Easy Entry/Exit a few years back, owners like myself just used two memory positions — one for exit, the other for driving — and learned to press the correct button as part of our get in & out process. That’s what the OP is likely going to need to do.

Sadly, even with Inscription level trim on my recently ordered XC60, I knew this was something I’d never completely have in my 2020 Volvo because there is no electric steering wheel adjustment. It’s one of the little things I’ll miss coming into the Volvo family that hopefully beomes available in future MYs.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
because there is no electric steering wheel adjustment. It’s one of the little things I’ll miss coming into the Volvo family that hopefully beomes available in future MYs.
This electric steering wheel adjustment is another feature not on my want/should-have list.
While I understand it can be useful for
1. other drivers who use the same car
2. making entry/exit convenient for some
3. pairing with preset seat positions
my rationale is it's another pricey (electronic) piece that can fail versus a typically simpler more robust mechanical alternative. (Electronic 3rd row folding seats are another example.) Our family's (and most?) drivers have their own car and don't need to adjust the steering wheel once set.
Like you said, maybe Volvo can make this an option for future MYs but I'll pass on this stuff to save some dinero (and get in a small arm workout)!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts