SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the XC90 for 2 months now and I am pleased with it. I forgot to wear my seat belts a couple times and I was pretty disappointed when I got to my destination and realized I hadn't worn it. My seat belt warning has an initial warning sound for a couple seconds but if you forget to wear it within that time, it doesn't warn you anymore, unlike my other cars that will annoy you till you wear it. Is there anyway I can set it to where it will warn me? You would think a safe car like the XC90 would have a provision for that. TIA

·
Registered
426 Posts
odd indeed, mine "bing"s politely for a few meters, then starts "boing-boing"ing in a pretty obnoxious way (as it should).

·
Registered
541 Posts
I haven't taken it up to the dealer yet. I will try talking to them. Thanks guys
Mine only beeps at start up for a few seconds and then goes away. Even though I wear my seat belt all the time, I prefer it this way!

·
Registered
372 Posts
We have set the parking brake to "auto" mode so when you start the car and press the accelerator it will not let it move. In other words forcing you to put on the seat belt before the car will move. The "auto" mode is also nice as it automatically sets the parking brake when you turn off the car. However, I don't recall if it continues to beep if seat belt is off. But I believe we do get a short audible sound and graphic display in the instrument cluster when any seat belt has been taken off or is not engaged when a passenger is in place.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
How can you forget to put your seat belt on sorry :facepalm:

·
Registered
673 Posts
We have set the parking brake to "auto" mode so when you start the car and press the accelerator it will not let it move. In other words forcing you to put on the seat belt before the car will move. The "auto" mode is also nice as it automatically sets the parking brake when you turn off the car.
We love this feature. It not only adds one more level of safety, but I also think activating the parking break when you turn off the car is a good thing to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts