SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 V70 2.5T FWD
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting tired of the retractors not pulling the seat belts back, as much as I try to remember before slamming the doors. Is there an adjustment, lube or fix? The mechanic doesn't want to mess with them, though he'll be glad to sell me new ones if replacement is the only feasible option.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Fully extend and clean the belts with warm soapy water.

Spray silicon on them to lube the belt a bit

Can make a world of difference

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 V70 2.5T FWD
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Fully extend and clean the belts with warm soapy water. Spray silicon on them to lube the belt a bit Can make a world of difference
Following this advice had unfortunate consequences. The "siliconed" belt now makes the oddest noises when it rubs against the plastic upper seat belt trim. Just slight movement of the driver causes the noises, not not far from the driver's ear. Replacement of the trim piece only temporarily fixed it, until the silicon in the belt affected the replacement trim piece. And the retractor never did improve.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I had this simliar problem in my C70 and just washed it with mild soapy water (to be fair mine was visibly dirty) and it helped a lot.. I did silicone it as well, but the C70 has a metal bar it rolls over and doesn't actually rub on plastic...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts