SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 xc90 and the Receiver for the seatbelt ( I’m sure there’s a proper technical name ) is rattling like nuts. The only way to stop it is to squeeze it tight . As soon as i let go it starts to rattle again. Anyone else have this issue ? How hard is this to replace with a new one if it’s something inside rattling ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm having a similar issue where the buckle creaks when a passenger is in the seat with the seatbelt on. I went to the dealer last week and they said the buckle needs to be replaced. I'm waiting on the parts to come in. If you're still under warranty take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
399 Posts
The creaking buckle is a design flaw - I doubt a new buckle would be any quieter.

If you stand outside of the car, you can make the buckle creak by pulling it toward you until it rubs against the leather seat bottom. I cured the squeak by applying a triangular piece of moleskin to the buckle where it contacts the seat and it’s quiet now. Black adhesive felt would be less noticeable.

·
Registered
8,226 Posts
I have a 2017 xc90 and the Receiver for the seatbelt ( I’m sure there’s a proper technical name ) is rattling like nuts. The only way to stop it is to squeeze it tight . As soon as i let go it starts to rattle again. Anyone else have this issue ? How hard is this to replace with a new one if it’s something inside rattling ?

Goes without saying, if you are unhappy with something or an item appears problematic, make an appointment at the dealer. The warranty is there for this exact reason. To fix annoyances, if the annoyances are substantiated and found to be legit complaints.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
The creaking buckle is a design flaw - I doubt a new buckle would be any quieter.

If you stand outside of the car, you can make the buckle creak by pulling it toward you until it rubs against the leather seat bottom. I cured the squeak by applying a triangular piece of moleskin to the buckle where it contacts the seat and it’s quiet now.
If its making noise by rubbing against the seat, there is a bulletin for that. Similar to your repair, we install some felt tape on the buckle.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If its making noise by rubbing against the seat, there is a bulletin for that. Similar to your repair, we install some felt tape on the buckle.
I am talking about the part you connect the seat belt to ( the part with the button it ) this is rattling.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I am talking about the part you connect the seat belt to ( the part with the button it ) this is rattling.
Your issue (rattle in the seatbelt buckle receptacle) is different than nerv81's issue (squeaking receptacle from rubbing against leather). You would probably benefit from a new receptacle - nerv81 needs to apply moleskin or felt tape.

·
Registered
64 Posts
From what i found from messing around with the buckle the squeaking came from 2 plastic parts of the buckle rubbing against itself. It seemed like the pieces wouldn't "click" together properly. I have an appointment tomorrow morning to have the buckle replaced. Hopefully that resolves it otherwise I'll ask them to try the tape. I'll update the thread after I get back.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From what i found from messing around with the buckle the squeaking came from 2 plastic parts of the buckle rubbing against itself. It seemed like the pieces wouldn't "click" together properly. I have an appointment tomorrow morning to have the buckle replaced. Hopefully that resolves it otherwise I'll ask them to try the tape. I'll update the thread after I get back.
Are you talking about this part ?

·
Registered
451 Posts

I had the same on our V60 - I sprayed silicone spray in the gaps where it is "clicked" together and now it is quiet again.

Fritz

1 - 14 of 14 Posts