SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i recent had to remove my driver's front seat belt due to the inertia switch being jammed. the old belt was cut and removed. i have since acquired a new seat belt and pretension-er but am concerned about the new seat belts function on the SRS system, at this time i have no SRS light and need to keep it that way..i read that the computer may need to be reset and am also unsure on this action. Any advice or thread links would be greatly appreciated

1996 850 N/A

·
Registered
543 Posts
Before you start the replacement, disconnect your battery and you won't have an issue with the SRS since the computer won't have power. I failed to reconnect my passenger airbag when I reconnected the battery and up popped the SRS - which disables the SRS system completely. :( Only way to reset it is at a dealer.

When you get to to B pillar, be careful since the tensioner is connected to a cigar-shaped tube behind the plastic. That tube contains an explosive charge connected to the SRS and will make sure there's no slack in the belt at impact. You should be safe working at the seat since the SRS connector is behind the plastic shroud.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts