SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm looking for a very small trim piece for the front seat belt buckles but I can't find it anywhere in parts diagrams or via the number stamped in the back of it. It's the little "Volvo" logo piece that fits where the belt passes through the buckle:

Mi0YYBzl.jpg

The stampings on the back appear to read 619 7894 but that doesn't resolve to any part number in Volvo's system that I can find, nor does it appear in the parts diagrams.

KeXCH6Pl.jpg

Here are a couple of photos of what the buckle looks like with and without the part. Right now, my passenger's side buckle has this piece but it's missing from my driver's side buckle and it's just naggingly annoying to my desire to have all the little things touched up.

vh18ZHZl.jpg
B9VcWr0l.jpg

If anyone knows what the actual part number for this is, I'd be very grateful. If not, I guess it's time to start scouring the pick and pull yards.

·
Registered
697 Posts
For small, normally durable parts such as this, I'd try a wrecking yard/dismantler.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
The junkyard is a good place for parts like these but is not always convenient.
I would call a Volvo dealer parts department and ask.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
True, but in this case, it seems that the part will not be a purchasable item separately and will probably only come as part of the whole component (whole seat belt assembly)...

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True, but in this case, it seems that the part will not be a purchasable item separately and will probably only come as part of the whole component (whole seat belt assembly)...
Yup. Definitely not spending $100 (eBay prices) on a seat belt assembly just for this. 😆 Even I'm not *that* obsessive about fixing every little thing.

The junkyard route is a bit frustrating though since P3 cars are rarely seen at pick and pull yards up here. Ah well. I suppose I can be patient. Maybe I'll get lucky at the IPD garage sale flea market next month.

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
For the time being, could you snag that piece from one of the rear belts? Seems like the front are the most visible (to you), so this might help alleviate the need to fix what's in sight while you look for another replacement. Just a thought.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For the time being, could you snag that piece from one of the rear belts? Seems like the front are the most visible (to you), so this might help alleviate the need to fix what's in sight while you look for another replacement. Just a thought.
Thought about that. The rear belts use a different buckle design without the trim piece though. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts