SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have the Front seat adjustment screen come up on the screen all the time at startup? It happens at least 75% of the time, but the it disappears after 20-30 seconds of not messing with it. I can't imagine it is a setting (I can't find it). Maybe it is just a software error or loose connection to the seat controls that is causing this to pop up?

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
You have to be kidding me. A screen for seat adjustments.
For something used so seldom, after initial setup. Now that's just over use of technology if you ask me. :screwy:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
You have to be kidding me. A screen for seat adjustments.
For something used so seldom, after initial setup. Now that's just over use of technology if you ask me. :screwy:
Well unless you want 12 levers sticking out of the seat it makes sense. It shows which of three adjustments are selected for the front most adjustment knob which can adjust lumbar, seat extension or side bolsters depending on which is selected. The screen is only supposed to activate when you hit the dial.

I've heard about this issue but have not experienced it on my FE with 7500 miles. Other annoying screen pop up glitches yes but not this one.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Well unless you want 12 levers sticking out of the seat it makes sense. It shows which of three adjustments are selected for the front most adjustment knob which can adjust lumbar, seat extension or side bolsters depending on which is selected. The screen is only supposed to activate when you hit the dial.

I've heard about this issue but have not experienced it on my FE with 7500 miles. Other annoying screen pop up glitches yes but not this one.
Let's put up a vote for the funniest screenshot. :)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
This doesn't happen for me, to answer the OP's question. I would wonder if there is a glitch that thinks it's detected a button press on the seats because what you describe is what happens anytime one of the side front seat adjustment levers is touched.

BTW, semi-off-topic, but I have found that so far not a single person who has ridden shotgun in my car can intuitively figure out how to adjust the features on the seat -- lumbar, and the thigh and side boosters -- that require selecting a feature on the screen. Intuitively everyone tries variations of turning the knob one way or the other or pressing the entire knob up, down, forward, back. I have to tell them to put their finger on the center of the know and press inward toward the seat to select the function. Every time. A dozen people and no one figures it out without help. They should probably put a graphic on the center screen when the rest of the seat adjustment options pop up on it to describe pressing the button inward to select what you want to adjust.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Does anyone else have the Front seat adjustment screen come up on the screen all the time at startup? It happens at least 75% of the time, but the it disappears after 20-30 seconds of not messing with it. I can't imagine it is a setting (I can't find it). Maybe it is just a software error or loose connection to the seat controls that is causing this to pop up?
Interesting - I just noticed this today. I am pretty sure it did not happen for the first few weeks of ownership but it happened twice today and yesterday.

·
Registered
26 Posts
same thing here, id say around 60% of the time

at first i thought we can set up the seat adjustment screen show or off from the setting.
unfortunately, cant.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Is it perhaps trying to adjust your seat to your profile? Does it happen after someone with a different key or seat button has used the car?

I know the profiles aren't supposed to be available until the November update, but maybe some of the profiles code is already there, just isn't be used.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mine does this as well, was actually planning to post about it today. Seems random, and like you I thought it might be a loose connection as it doesn't seem to be tied to anything - mine happens mostly at start up, but will happen every once in a while in the middle of normal use of the vehicle... so definitely do not think it is a start up setting...

·
Registered
2021 Inscription Recharge - 2021 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
1,739 Posts
Does not happen on ours. And it took me about 5 seconds to figure out the lever thing, you need more clever friends.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I notice the seat adjustment screen pop up randomly. When it does happens, it occurs at the beginning of a drive. I just ignore it.

I also will randomly get the front sensor alert me that i am near a object when i am not really close. i just ignore that too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I notice the seat adjustment screen pop up randomly. When it does happens, it occurs at the beginning of a drive. I just ignore it.

I also will randomly get the front sensor alert me that i am near a object when i am not really close. i just ignore that too.
Same ..
I was think that my sensor it's just broken and planned a visit to my dealer :) Looks like I'm not the only one .. Mine it's front right sensor ..

·
Registered
426 Posts
never pops up autonomously, funny enough in my case the screen often disappears faster than I would like :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have no issues with the screen, but with the lumbar adjustment. The seat memory works fine with all other settings bur lumbar adjustment resets to "zero position" when I leave the car. When I start the engine again it sometimes adjusts, sometimes remain unadjusted (50-50 ratio)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts