SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I started doing some research to track down a 2010 V70 R-Design. Are they pretty hard to find?

I am also curious about the Heico T6 R-Design (100 made for German market), did anyone ever import one into the USA?

And lastly, if I wanted to create the Heico CaR, where would I go to get the tune? Heico's website is confusing, ViVa doesn't have anything, and IPD doesn't have anything.

Thanks for the help!

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
The U.S. only had the 3.2 in the R-Design. :( The XC70 received the T6, which is really peppy with the Polestar tune.

The R-Design's do pop up from time to time. Keep searching cars.com and autotrader.com. Not sure if they still qualify for Volvo's CPO program if below 50k miles.

Here is the HEICO page for the V70/XC70: http://shop.heicosportiv.com/mainframe.asp?lang=en&e1=545

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
They do not, too old

·
Registered
739 Posts
Aren't they CPO eligible if they are less than 6 years in service (and under the 100K miles)?

OP - Also, the HEICO tune on the 3.2 is a bump of 10hp or something minimal like that... it's big bucks for negligible increases (I looked into it way back when). Doing an engine and transmission swap with a T6 would be a better move (though wicked expensive).

·
Registered
163 Posts
I thought Volvo only imported a small handful of R Design P3 V70s. Something like a dozen or less, not sure of the exact number.

Like others have said it's essentially an appearance package, no mechanical differences between it and the base model V70.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the info. Yea, I remember it really being a trim difference for US V70's. I'd love to know if anyone has privately imported one the 100 modded Heico T6's. I don't think I'd ever get a US R-Design after having owned a VR, it would be like taking steps back, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,779 Posts
Thanks guys for the info. Yea, I remember it really being a trim difference for US V70's. I'd love to know if anyone has privately imported one the 100 modded Heico T6's. I don't think I'd ever get a US R-Design after having owned a VR, it would be like taking steps back, haha.
You may want to try driving a XC70 with the T6 in it. SWEET motor, even if you can't get it in a regular V in this country.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Roger that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yeah a newer XC70 T6 with the Polestar tune is actually more powerful than the P2 VRs. Get some suspension/tire mods and you'd be pretty damn close to a V70R (except for the manual trans and 4C suspension of course)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If only they didn't sit so "high" off the ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
739 Posts
If only they didn't sit so "high" off the ground.
I hear ya. That and the fact you can't get a body color match one, like how Audi offers it on the Allroad in all one color. I would prefer an Abominable Snowman XC70 version over the Storm Trooper color set they offer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm happy to add some views about the V70 T6 if it might help - mine's in Australia, so RHD, but there are a few over here if you'd want to import and sit on the 'wrong' side. I think though you might well be disappointed if you're coming from P1 or P2 V70R - they are a different beast.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Here is my 2012 XC70 T6 with Polestar, BBS SR, and real tires ;). I have the IPD rear sway bar, which really flattens it out, and plan on doing a Heico lowering kit next spring (thanks to info from a recent member who did this exact upgrade).

This car is hands down faster than my 2004 V70R was, just as roomy, more comfortable, and has way better options. And it's CPO.

Don't take this car off your list!!! I also considered the R-design P3 V70, but they are too hard to find and are nothing more than an appearance package. Btw, those are R-design mirror covers on there ;), so you can get some of the styling pieces if you want to modify the look a bit more.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Here is my 2012 XC70 T6 with Polestar, BBS SR, and real tires ;). I have the IPD rear sway bar, which really flattens it out, and plan on doing a Heico lowering kit next spring (thanks to info from a recent member who did this exact upgrade).

This car is hands down faster than my 2004 V70R was, just as roomy, more comfortable, and has way better options. And it's CPO.

Don't take this car off your list!!! I also considered the R-design P3 V70, but they are too hard to find and are nothing more than an appearance package. Btw, those are R-design mirror covers on there ;), so you can get some of the styling pieces if you want to modify the look a bit more.

Your car is absolutely gorgeous.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Please keep me posted, your car looks amazing. Lowering it would be a definite must, and with the flared fenders, it will give this car a unique flare.

Sent from my iDevice using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,481 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, a quick little update on my quest to find a 2010 Volvo V70 T6 by Heico. I have finally located one of the 100, and I recently started emailing with the owner in Europe. I don't even know if it's possible to import one here, and I am guessing it'll be nearly impossible, if at all, but I am going to try. If so, it may be the only one in the US (or in the western hemisphere as far as I know).

I'll keep all y'all posted...

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Well, a quick little update on my quest to find a 2010 Volvo V70 T6 by Heico. I have finally located one of the 100, and I recently started emailing with the owner in Europe. I don't even know if it's possible to import one here, and I am guessing it'll be nearly impossible, if at all, but I am going to try. If so, it may be the only one in the US (or in the western hemisphere as far as I know).

If importing, might as well go for the D5! Fair amount of Torque and HP and great fuelburn if you care for that at all. Lovin' it...
Interesting to see what it is going to be. Couldnt you tune a V70 to HEICO in the US?

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/30/...s-more-than-kids-but-carries-ma/#slide-285883

·
Registered
11,927 Posts

You will almost certainly need to wait until it is 25 years old. It's just like importing a JDM Skyline etc....

If you manage to get all the federal and state bureaucracies to sign off on it sooner than that, let us know. I'll place an order myself.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts