SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Background: 2005 S60R MT 43k miles doing plugs as getting some rough idle and they need to be done.

I need help from the geniuses. I pulled everything off to do plugs today got all that done, (removed everything fine put back together fine). While running engine I noticed this black tube next to oil filler cap is not on the plastic tube beneath it. I need to pull the fuel rail cover off (after removing OTE Pipe again :mad: ) but question is what does this plastic piece go to and what does it do? It appears there is mild oil and gunk all around the tube its not connected to and might have been off for a while.

The car is a garage queen / weekend/ Track car so I probably have driven it and not noticed anything for a while.

Thanks

Bobby

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
flux capacitor blow off line

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
PCV tube

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
PVC line. Common failure.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
For real this time

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
It could be broken. should look like this...

Mine is held on by a small hose clamp.

That is the full PCV kit.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
ions

Yup that is definitely it guess I need to order it is this the part number for the R ? Volvo (8692217) ?

OMG the full kit looks freaky.. Do I need to do the whole kit? If so this is going to my mechanic LOL Plugs, oil, fun stuff I will do.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
My indy just replaced mine. The tube alone can be done fairly easily, they had a special clamp device that they position in there to get at the lower attachment point. They didn't have to take the intake pipe off or anything else other than the charge air pipe and plug/rail covers to access it.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Test the PCV system via the rubber glove method over the oil filler hole and depending if there is suction or not is if you should worry about the system as a whole (also mileage) but just changing out the tube is a viable solution for cheap. I had the whole kit installed by my indy for $238 + the price of the kit. I had 98k on it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Test the PCV system via the rubber glove method over the oil filler hole and depending if there is suction or not is if you should worry about the system as a whole (also mileage) but just changing out the tube is a viable solution for cheap. I had the whole kit installed by my indy for $238 + the price of the kit. I had 98k on it.
43k on the clock here.. I will do the tube first.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts