SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner of a 2016 XC90, sand w/black interior, momentum plus and vision pkgs, 20" wheels w/Pirelli Scorpions...
Just wondering if a screen saver could be used to reduce the number of times I have to clean the screen due to fingerprints - or whether that would effect it's sensitivity- or maybe I should just wear gloves!

·
Registered
541 Posts
I'm hearing that your car should have came with a screen protector. I'm getting mine soon, so I'll let you know if it comes with it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine came with a screen protector.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
So people are now getting a screen protector included with the vehicle? I picked mine up end of May and didn't get one.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
From this forum in my memory, the protection film was shipped some time later than FE cars.
If you want to buy it, nushield.com have one that should fit better than the one from Volvo.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
From this forum in my memory, the protection film was shipped some time later than FE cars.
If you want to buy it, nushield.com have one that should fit better than the one from Volvo.
Then Volvo should ship them to early purchasers or have them pick one up while at their dealership if they are now being included with a vehicle purchase.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Well, above ThePeoplesChamp says he got one included and he's in California so we'll have to see what more new owners say here in the U.S. Maybe his dealer just threw it in but somehow I find it doubtful dealerships are throwing things in for the fun of it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I got one included in my car, August delivery.
I waited a few days before applying so I can compare, it pretty much eliminated having to wipe down the screen with the provided cloth every day. Downside is it's a little bit smaller than the screen. Leaving it on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, above ThePeoplesChamp says he got one included and he's in California so we'll have to see what more new owners say here in the U.S. Maybe his dealer just threw it in but somehow I find it doubtful dealerships are throwing things in for the fun of it.
Mine was in the glove box when I picked up the car. Purchased 8/30/15.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yup, I picked mine up about the same time -- end of August -- they had already installed it. It's true that it's a bit smaller than the screen -- there's maybe 1.5mm between the edge of the protector and the screen edge, but you only notice it when using the map and most of the screen is light colored. It way reduces the fingerprints. I have had mine on for three weeks and only now am I thinking I should get the cloth out and wipe it off.

·
Registered
432 Posts
picked up mine mid of july (switzerland) and didn't got a screen protector nor the cloth ...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Mine was in the glove box.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts