SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The back window/door of the car is a dust magnet and I find the dust settles on the rear wiper like a purpose built dust shelf, then when you activate the rear wiper all that dust and dirt scratches the glass regardless of how wet it is, a simple solution would be to have the wiper arm lift away from the glass when it's in the rest position.

Something that you could glue to the glass like a tiny wedge shape that would lift the back wiper and let the dust fall off the wiper blade.

anybody know of anything like that.?

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
The back window/door of the car is a dust magnet and I find the dust settles on the rear wiper like a purpose built dust shelf, then when you activate the rear wiper all that dust and dirt scratches the glass regardless of how wet it is, a simple solution would be to have the wiper arm lift away from the glass when it's in the rest position.

Something that you could glue to the glass like a tiny wedge shape that would lift the back wiper and let the dust fall off the wiper blade.

anybody know of anything like that.?
Try waxing your windshield / glass. It'll act like RainX and cause water to bubble off and dust to come off easily.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Try waxing your windshield / glass. It'll act like RainX and cause water to bubble off and dust to come off easily.
I wax the entire (black) car and unfortunately the entire rear still is a dust magnet. Sometimes I just clean the back because it's that bad. However I don't have the scratched glass issue the OP has perhaps because my on-road surfaces are less sandy? I'm wondering if those with ceramic coatings still see the dust issue on the rear . . .

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've put modesta on it, the water does roll off it easily but with summer time road construction, sand and dust sits on the back wiper. It's kind of a PIA to remember to clean the rear wiper before using it. The rain just wet sands the back window on the first wipe when it rains.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts