SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My XC60 has only seen one winter and the windscreen is scratched, probably from using the wrong ice scraper. Has anyone else experienced this?

Would the glass itself be scratched or is there some kind of coating on the outside?

·
Registered
107 Posts
DITTO!!!!! I noticed ours has some lines when the sun hits it the right way... there's only 2000 kms on it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's most noticeable when it's raining and the wipers are on.

·
Registered
333 Posts
NEVER use a scraper!!! That is my smple advice..... I havn't used one for years, i hate scratches...

/Marti

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I applied some RainX on the windshield this weekend. Didn't notice the scratches this morning in the sunshine.

Re: using a scraper: what else? Chemical de-icer? That stuff is bad for the environment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I applied some RainX on the windshield this weekend. Didn't notice the scratches this morning in the sunshine.

Re: using a scraper: what else? Chemical de-icer? That stuff is bad for the environment.
1. Move further south.
2. Park in a garage.

Seriously, though, when I've had to deal with snow on my windshield in the past, I've used an old CD (yes, the silver disks). They seem to work pretty well in a pinch. I'm not sure about scratches, though. I've never noticed any.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Petrol parking heater or an electric one, aren't either of those optins availible in the US? A warm ice-free car is normal to me, even in -30degrees celsius.

/Martin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts