SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bad morning. I took a tight turn in parking lot and scratched the outer lip of my alloys (Amalthea) . Ouch. Can these be fixed?<BR>

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Yes, they can. You'd have to find a wheel repair shop near you or go to someone like <A HREF="http://www.wheelcollisioncenter.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.wheelcollisioncenter.com</A> . It's cheaper than buying a new one, but with shipping and everything else, you never know.

·
Registered
184 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Montreal:<BR><B>Bad morning. I took a tight turn in parking lot and scratched the outer lip of my alloys (Amalthea) . Ouch. Can these be fixed?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Take a look in the yellow pages locally as well. I know there are at least two or three here in Vancouver so there should be at least that many in Montreal.<P>Pat<P>

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
It pays to find someone close. You can save on shipping. Where you have to worry about some shops over another is truing the wheel, repair of cracks etc. That's where it can get dangerous. We did a wheel repair article in our Features/Project Cars/ Project 854R section. Even if you don't use the place we went to, there's some good info in there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. Will definitely read that article.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by [email protected]:<BR><B>It pays to find someone close. You can save on shipping. Where you have to worry about some shops over another is truing the wheel, repair of cracks etc. That's where it can get dangerous. We did a wheel repair article in our Features/Project Cars/ Project 854R section. Even if you don't use the place we went to, there's some good info in there.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts