SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1701 - 1712 of 1712 Posts

·
Registered
2007 V70 2.5T FWD; 2017 V60 T5 FWD
375 Posts
Given the background noise in a moving car with road noise and traffic that intrudes on high fidelity, I've never seen the point in investing a lot of money in car audio. If you're planning on listening while parked with the engine off, it might be a different story...or in a sonically-sealed Rolls. Meanwhile, the HU-650 does its job well enough in my ride, except when it goes on the fritz.

Reactions: omg3kids

·
Registered
18,540 Posts
Given the background noise in a moving car with road noise and traffic that intrudes on high fidelity, I've never seen the point in investing a lot of money in car audio. If you're planning on listening while parked with the engine off, it might be a different story...or in a sonically-sealed Rolls. Meanwhile, the HU-650 does its job well enough in my ride, except when it goes on the fritz.
The level of background noise in these cars is nowhere near negating the improvement offered by quality audio equipment.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I was told I need bearings for my Quaife install. Somehow its news to me and I have no idea where to look. Its been a couple years, but can I jog a memory or two for some PN#s?
Did you get this? I was able to get heavy duty ones for mine, can look up the part number-
manufacturer

·
Registered
19,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,704 ·
The level of background noise in these cars is nowhere near negating the improvement offered by quality audio equipment.
Especially cars without exhausts, with Japanifolds and especially laminated glass.

ORXC is the sound machine. Not that the 03 isn’t but I do absolutely notice a difference with these tweeters.

·
Registered
394 Posts
the Md160's...monsters!!! :devilish:

Reactions: JaredR

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M -- 2019 V90CC T6
3,402 Posts

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I got a
Did you get this? I was able to get heavy duty ones for mine, can look up the part number-
manufacturer

I Picked up a couple, but I'd appreciate the opportunity to compare PN#s to be sure I have things sorted well enough.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I kinda agree. I mostly drive in silence but when I want to listen to something on long rides, it must be a pleasure and then good equipment matters.

·
Registered
19,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,710 ·
I’m surprised that all the commentary is basically “WHY” and nobody noticed the HOW

·
Registered
18,540 Posts
I’m surprised that all the commentary is basically “WHY” and nobody noticed the HOW
Probably because most people listen to music mixed for radio

·
Registered
2004 V70R M66 | 2013 C30 M66 | 1996 855 AW42
518 Posts
Reactions: JaredR
1701 - 1712 of 1712 Posts