1681 - 1700 of 1712 Posts

·
Registered
19,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,682 ·
Did some suspension tweaks.
Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Automotive tire Aircraft Rim Engineering Gas

B8s! They ride quite good actually. Less harsh over bumps, likely due to the pairing with lowering springs.

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M -- 2019 V90CC T6
3,402 Posts
Less harsh than there B4s? Good to know (with lowering springs).

·
Registered
19,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,684 ·

·
Registered
19,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,685 ·
Finally a mileage accomplishment!
Speedometer Car Gauge Vehicle Odometer

·
Registered
19,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,686 ·
Car Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Carlisle with the crew
Car Cloud Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel

Uh oh took this car to work
Car Wheel Cloud Tire Sky
Speedometer Odometer Tachometer Gauge Trip computer

Friday lunch stop
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle

·
Registered
15,891 Posts
At least there was no line at the Dinosaur!

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Couple more shots from yesterday. Lots of work to go, still!

I was told I need bearings for my Quaife install. Somehow its news to me and I have no idea where to look. Its been a couple years, but can I jog a memory or two for some PN#s?

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
ScottishBrick,

Does your flywheel make noise when accelerating? I am still breaking it in, but besides the idle chatter, in 4 & 5 at lower rpms it sometimes gets noisy - like a lawnmower. Enough that I am considering Dynamat on the firewall.

·
Registered
19,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,690 ·
ScottishBrick,

Does your flywheel make noise when accelerating? I am still breaking it in, but besides the idle chatter, in 4 & 5 at lower rpms it sometimes gets noisy - like a lawnmower. Enough that I am considering Dynamat on the firewall.
No. There is no flywheel noise whatsoever.

You probably are lugging the engine and causing a lot of gear lash vibration (thank you 5 cylinder secondary vibrations). Suggest redline shockproof as the gear oil. Seems to quiet all but the most worn out boxes up nicely.

·
Registered
19,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,691 · (Edited)
Time for new summer shoes! PS4s. Oh so good it was worth the wait.

Installed fresh, clear fogs with xpel and yellow bulbs.

Finally wired the front lighting to the cluster.

·
Registered
19,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,692 ·
Post factory sub harness (01-04) install:

Pn 9499482

Full write up for 01-04 added to the definitive sub install guide thread:

·
Registered
19,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,693 ·
Finishing touches

A true pleasure to the ears. Tonight’s drive with Vol 2 of Stadium Arcadium was a treat. Hu803 and Hu850 are radically different beasts. Both P2 wagons now have identical audio equipment besides HU.

·
Registered
18,540 Posts
I enjoy standard audio with HU-603 in my V70. I would say it's even better than ProLogic in P80.
Pro Logic clips the treble horribly. You need to run the premium audio head units in 3ch in all platforms for optimum performance, but it is especially bad with SC-9xx.

·
Registered
19,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,696 ·
I enjoy standard audio with HU-603 in my V70. I would say it's even better than ProLogic in P80.
I do not share the same opinion. 603 got tossed so fast and was radically noticeable even with stock speakers going to the 803. Then the upgrade to premium speakers was again as radical (as the paper listed a week with the amp). And then again the move to CDs and dynaudio tweeters all around for in car listening really sets an untouchable high standard.

·
Registered
18,540 Posts
I also found the HU603 impossible to get good sound out of when my mom had her 04 V70.

·
Registered
2004 V70R M66 | 2013 C30 M66 | 1996 855 AW42
518 Posts
I actually quite like Pro Logic I in the early P2s, never could get it to sound good in my 05. It does suck that it kills the sub signal though, I assume I'll stop using it once I install my rear tweeters

·
Registered
314 Posts
I guess speakers in my car are pretty minty. Dynamic range is really good. I have heard PLII in FL and P3 models and that sound was definitely better but I'm quite happy with what I have and not looking for upgrade.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all, new here but jumping in with my tuppence….

Have the HU-850 in my 06 OR v70 and I’m generally very happy with the ProLogicII setting - however…I do notice that it reduces the clarity of voice.
The music sounds great but the singing voice is, hmm slightly muted?

1681 - 1700 of 1712 Posts