SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yeah. HU850 kinda sucks. Lack of the hidden menus is my least favorite thing about my S60. It really needs more EQ adjustment at low volume. Doesn't sound really good until I turn it up louder than I would like when I have passengers.
It's like that with SC-901 too and I guess every high end sound system behaves that way - mediocre sound at low volume but much better when turned louder.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hi, mine is an '06 so has the newer Euro 4 D5 engine. And has a smaller air box than the earlier D5 as shown in your photo.
It also has the ECU built into the air cleaner lid.
They moved ECU to the top of the air box but is there single logical reason? They didn't even put anything in previous ECU location. Seems strange to me.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I guess speakers in my car are pretty minty. Dynamic range is really good. I have heard PLII in FL and P3 models and that sound was definitely better but I'm quite happy with what I have and not looking for upgrade.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Given the background noise in a moving car with road noise and traffic that intrudes on high fidelity, I've never seen the point in investing a lot of money in car audio. If you're planning on listening while parked with the engine off, it might be a different story...or in a sonically-sealed Rolls. Meanwhile, the HU-650 does its job well enough in my ride, except when it goes on the fritz.
I kinda agree. I mostly drive in silence but when I want to listen to something on long rides, it must be a pleasure and then good equipment matters.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts