SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1607 Posts

·
Registered
16,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
September 15th I found this wonderful 2003 V70 T5 manual wagon on craigslist. I was in Maine for work at the time so I sent Hounddogger to investigate. His boots on the ground report was promising so I sent a deposit, went to look at it in person when I got back from Maine and ultimately decided to buy it. Picked her up yesterday, uneventful drive home from upstate NY. Passed emissions this morning and now its registered and ready to go. Ive adopted her from JakeT5 who bought her new and was a very diligent first owner. The original window sticker will be getting framed.

·
Registered
16,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First impressions.

·
Registered
16,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

First eyes on the prize

·
Registered
16,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Picking her up!

Stopping for lunch (BBQ in Canaan NY)

Great gas mileage

Home!

·
Registered
16,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First mornings projects:

Poly mounts. Lower was in 2 pieces.

Engine cover ventilation mod

Wastegate adjustment

Stole the wheels off the emerald for the time being

Time for suspension and brake upgrades.

·
Registered
16,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

There's a factory painted wing in the back seat and I'm waiting on the mounting kit and the 05+ sport shift knob for 5 speeds to arrive from my local dealer

·
Registered
971 Posts
Awesome find Scottish! Can’t wait to see the mods to come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,972 Posts
That's a looker to the wagon people, and a ghost to everyone else.
REALLY well done, and the emerald may need to get a different set. Those make that car look great, and the wing will add flair.
What's up with the driver's seat door side bolster? Is that just an image flaw?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Unfortunately the seam along the driver’s side of the driver’s seat opened up a few years back. What you’re seeing in the picture was my “temporary” black duct tape fix.

·
Registered
16,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a looker to the wagon people, and a ghost to everyone else.
REALLY well done, and the emerald may need to get a different set. Those make that car look great, and the wing will add flair.
Drivers booster is split. It was fixed functionally with gorilla tape. Is on the list but not a major priority.

It'll be even stealthier when I debadge it.

·
Registered
16,192 Posts
subscribed

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hmm, Scottish with a P2. I'm intrigued. Following so when I ditch my 2000 I know what to do on my next aquisition.

·
Registered
16,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm, Scottish with a P2. I'm intrigued. Following so when I ditch my 2000 I know what to do on my next aquisition.
Don't hold your breath. This is a learning experience

·
Registered
15,972 Posts
Can’t blame you. You kept it pretty clean it seems. Why didn’t you post it here first?
Unfortunately the seam along the driver’s side of the driver’s seat opened up a few years back. What you’re seeing in the picture was my “temporary” black duct tape fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Can’t blame you. You kept it pretty clean it seems. Why didn’t you post it here first?
In hindsight I probably should have, but it just didn't cross my mind at the time as I haven't been a regular here in quite some time. We're still a Volvo family though, and the 2017 XC90 in the garage isn't going anywhere for a long time (hopefully).

I'm just really excited that someone from here bought her who is going to give her a great home. We owned that wagon for over 15 years, drove over 170k miles, owned 3 houses, had 2 kids and 2 dogs during our time with the wagon. It was the first car we bought new and she never let us down.

I did find a picture from Oct 2003 (when she was 3 month old), right after I applied my swedespeed stickers (which flaked off after a decade or so).

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Great find.... very nice car. I guess the VT5M didn’t get a space ball shifter, that might be a neat upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
16,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In hindsight I probably should have, but it just didn't cross my mind at the time as I haven't been a regular here in quite some time. We're still a Volvo family though, and the 2017 XC90 in the garage isn't going anywhere for a long time (hopefully).

I'm just really excited that someone from here bought her who is going to give her a great home. We owned that wagon for over 15 years, drove over 170k miles, owned 3 houses, had 2 kids and 2 dogs during our time with the wagon. It was the first car we bought new and she never let us down.

I did find a picture from Oct 2003 (when she was 3 month old), right after I applied my swedespeed stickers (which flaked off after a decade or so).

I'm super happy to be a worthy second owner. The wagon is growing on me by the hour.

New daily commute when used for pleasure.

Honing the P2 fwd chassis and manual transmission drivetrain for ultimate road trip ability as well as twisty coast road drive ability.

·
Registered
16,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great find.... very nice car. I guess the VT5M didn’t get a space ball shifter, that might be a neat upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thinking differently

·
Registered
2,595 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts

I'm super happy to be a worthy second owner. The wagon is growing on me by the hour.

New daily commute when used for pleasure.

Honing the P2 fwd chassis and manual transmission drivetrain for ultimate road trip ability as well as twisty coast road drive ability.
146 is such a great road to rip when it's not busy. Fun commute to Branford and back for sure.

1 - 20 of 1607 Posts