SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 814 Posts

·
Registered
17,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up a 1999 V70 T5 M56 (YES MANUAL) WAGON! IN EMERALD GREEN! 1 of 11 imported to the US. Theoretically. Very rare and deserving of a good home.

119k, Emerald/Tan, three pedals, one owner, maintained at Princeton Volvo its whole life.

Going to be babied (above and beyond S70 project level of maintenance and care, think garage queen/show car) because its so rare and I have a daily now (the pewter t5 wagon).

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Dibs if/when you sell it. That's the best color. Now spill on the details.

·
Registered
17,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aim is to make this stock/stage zero +

302mm brakes, all the suspension goodies from my s70. R door cards. Volans maybe. Have to balance making the daily wagon acceptable and having this be a distraction.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
WHOA. How the hell did you find this?

·
Super Moderator
8,738 Posts
So rare and for a very good price. It's all upside on that one. :thumbup:

·
Registered
17,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
ScottishBrick's Emerald 1999 V70 T5 M56

Well carma has a way of trickling down..... especially in the volvo community.

Ive found many cars for many people and love that my craigslist searching finds cars people want and good homes for them.

How this came about is a little different, if not exactly the same, just a little longer.

I met R_Model and Hounddogger last fall at a cars and coffee event I setup. Theyre both local volvo nuts like me. R_Model gets to talking about rebuilding a 960 sedan he has thats a little crunched. I look at it and having a soft spot for classic RWD volvos having grown up in them and having had many adventures in I think 9 (maybe more?) of them and see that its moderately easily reparable. I can weld and see lots of 960s for parts while I'm hunting my white t5m wagon. So we devise a plan to rebuild the 960.

I find R_Model a 960 with a blown motor for parts. We borrow a truck and trailer and retrieve it from rhode island back in November.

Fast forward to last week/end. R_Model spots a 2000 V70R in Emerald on the side of the road at a garage locally. Calls me, sends pics, leaves our numbers. Guy calls us, turns out he wants to sell it. Says come look, make an offer. I go out on easter sunday with Hounddogger and Swedishbriquette and we look at the R wagon. Its not bad at all really, just has a busted angle gear. Im not in love but it's Hounddoggers unicorn. Plus he's got the parts and wont own anythign non awd/5cyl. He makes an offer and gets the car. It was also one owner too.

Two days ago while discussing fixing the emerald vR, Hounddogger sends me a link. To this car. On ebay. Just hiding out in plain sight. I as a bunch of questions, get enough of the answers i'm looking for, run the carfax, decide i'm going to rescue it and give it a good home. And now it is mine.

Quite ironic that we both picked up emerald wagons a few days apart. There will be quite the collection of rare P80 wagons in CT between b mac66 and his venetian R, SonicBlueR and his laser blue R, Hounddogger and his emerald green R, Hilton with the 2000 laser blue vR m66 swap and myself with the emerald green T5M. Im sure im missing people but those are all that i know of in CT, currently

TL;DR Friends find cars for eachother.

·
Registered
17,159 Posts
This is gonna be a fun thread....unbelievable deal you got, too.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
That color!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Congrats - Nice find and looks like a lotta fun!
There are days I really miss driving stick...
Best of luck with the project. :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Crazy. The guy who does all my welding is the owner of one of the other 11 here in Denver. Emerald with black interior.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
6-8 years ago I had one of the Emerald Green 99 T5Ms
It was extremely nice.
Spent just a few bucks, then it became nearly perfect.
It, like my white 99, had no moonroof!
I sold it to someone from here who lived in Atlanta, flew up and drove it home, no issues, of course

·
Registered
17,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The object of owning this will be to make it as good as possible.

Cosmetics: Jewels, eggcrate, mud flaps, exhaust tip, Volans, r door cards, trim matched shifter knob (thanks fish2live)

Mechanicals: 302s, good tires, full stage zero and any preventative maintenance.

Debating if it deserves to be kept 99% stock or put all my go fast bits on it and just have it as a weekend/show car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
Awesome find man! There's so much nice P80s in CT now we should all meet up some time.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
It would be cool to get them all together and take some pics.

·
Registered
17,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Let's make wagon Wednesday's a semi reoccurring meet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'll bring my dime-a-dozen 2000 V70XC

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Where would we meet up? Riding season is here too and I try to ride my RM every Wednesday after work with some friends. And Thursday, and Sunday :D:D, girlfriend loves it lol!
And then there's time with the CBR. ;)

1 - 20 of 814 Posts