SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner of 2019 T6 Signature. The dealer recommended we scotch guard our blond nappa interior due to potential increased wear and staining due to the color. Anyone else with the blond interior notice increased wear or staining over the years? Also anyone with experience having the leather scotch guarded? Thanks in advance, this forum has been a great resource for learning about our new car!

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
New owner of 2019 T6 Signature. The dealer recommended we scotch guard our blond nappa interior due to potential increased wear and staining due to the color. Anyone else with the blond interior notice increased wear or staining over the years? Also anyone with experience having the leather scotch guarded? Thanks in advance, this forum has been a great resource for learning about our new car!
I have the blonde interior with perforated ventilated seats. After 3.5 years, they still look great, but I do not have young children either which can be a maintenance factor.

As far as protectant, the Volvo cleaner and conditioner work fine.

The 3M ScotchGuard (r) protectant might be fine, too, but I don’t know.

I had mine treated with Gtechniq. Others have used OptiCoat, CQuartz and other premium brands. Just test it on your leather swatch that came with the car to see if there is any discoloration before applying to the whole interior.

With Gtechniq, I only need to lightly wipe off the blue jean dye transfer periodically with a damp cloth. I do that monthly and my seats still look like new.

The seats “wear” the same as any other color. The blonde interior “shows” more whereas the dark colors “hide” more. Dye transfer happens on all of them and all should be cleaned and conditioned regularly.

If treated with care, they will wear and hold up just fine. If you’re rough on them like any other interior, they will not.

P.S., Unless you are a DIY person, I would use a professional applicator. I would not have the dealer do the 3M Scotchguard unless they send it out to a professional detailer. My dealer does outsource to a highly reputable detailing shop that I found independently from the dealer. There is some convenience for having it all done prior to delivery through the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 2 of 2 Posts