SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else experiencing this? The paint in this area on the hood and the fender seem to keep getting progressively brown. It's not dirt, and does not come off. It's almost as if the paint is slowly being overheated in this area.

This is on a 2019 V90 Cross Country, T6.

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
What is that plastic covering? Headlight? Can’t imagine heat of this temperature would be escaping just on the right side of the engine bay. Do you see the brown anywhere else on the hood?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is that plastic covering? Headlight? Can’t imagine heat of this temperature would be escaping just on the right side of the engine bay. Do you see the brown anywhere else on the hood?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only heat in the area is from the a/c lines there. The high pressure side does get pretty hot, but otherwise I don't know what else could be doing it.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I would expect the clear coat should destabilize before the base coat discolored.

I would also expect the effect to be more pronounced the closer it is - if it was a heat related issue. Seems like it’s worse further from the AC, and closer to outer surface.

It looks like it’s everywhere under the hood, and inside the bumper cover?

I think it’s something else... but from the picture it’s hard to tell what’s happening overall.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I would talk to Volvo and send them picture might be a paint defect or somewhere other defect that casing this to happen.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,039 Posts
@nbvolks - Anything out of the ordinary, ask the dealer to click some clear pictures and send them to Volvo. They most probably will cover it under warranty. I had a small paint bubble show up on the driver-side door strip. I casually mentioned it to the Dealer and he replaced the entire strip under warranty after approval from Volvo. Painted to match and everything. No arguments, no fuss. Of course, part of it depends on how helpful and supportive your dealer is!

·
Registered
236 Posts
@nbvolks - Anything out of the ordinary, ask the dealer to click some clear pictures and send them to Volvo. They most probably will cover it under warranty. I had a small paint bubble show up on the driver-side door strip. I casually mentioned it to the Dealer and he replaced the entire strip under warranty after approval from Volvo. Painted to match and everything. No arguments, no fuss. Of course, part of it depends on how helpful and supportive your dealer is!
Tell us which of the Michigan dealers was "helpful and supportive" on this issue?

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,039 Posts
Tell us which of the Michigan dealers was "helpful and supportive" on this issue?
Suburban Volvo has been really really nice to me. And I didn't even buy the my car from them. Chris Adams is my SA and is also very helpful. All their technicians are very knowledgeable and the Dealership, in general, has always gone out of their way to provide good service and brand-new loaners every single time!

Have not tried any other Volvo Dealerships in Michigan, though, so nothing to compare them to!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts