SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The well reknowned British motoring weekly Autocar chose Volvo's safety concept car SCC for its Design Award at the annual Autocar Awards ceremony. The awards are given to products and companies of the automotive industry for extraordinary achievements during the past year. <P>The Volvo Safety Concept Car was first shown at the Detroit Motor Show in January 2001 and created enormous interest and attention. Over the year it has been on show at several other events and recently this autumn media representatives have been given the opportunity to test-drive the car and try out all its unique and advanced safety systems themselves. <P>The jury, which consisted of both motoring journalists and design students, chose the SCC because “it is a thought provoking and attractive piece of design that works on many levels. On the one hand it is an aesthetic triumph that preview the looks of the next generation of Volvo models. On the other, it is a working prototype that demonstrates a number of ground breaking new safety ideas. The SCC skilfully manages to combine both disciplines.” In other words: The SCC might be called a safety concept car but there is a lot more to it. <P>One of the many safety features of the SCC, the four-point safety belt, was also nominated in the Safety Award category. <P>The ceremony took place in Battersea Park, London on November 20. The award was accepted on behalf of Volvo Car Corporation by director of PR at Volvo Car UK, John Lefley.

·
Registered
439 Posts
That car is just such a great looking car. I wonder if Volvo will ever seriously get into the Golf sized car business. I guess the US market just isn't that big in that area, but I think I'd buy one to commute in.<P>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts