SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,little worried,I bottomed out today,and I got out to check if everything was ok,everything visually look ok and no leaks,so I hop on to I5 and as I'm going I decide to speed up,and all of a sudden Im at 11psi,I'm at almost full throttle and by this time normally I'm at 15 16, I step on it all the way and it stays at 17 maybe 18, then as I'm on an on empty to come home I notice my turbo sputters and then gets boost,I couldn't have damaged the turbo bottoming out, I'm mean it's not that low to in comparison to the ground, could it be my vacuum line connections? I have the Leavenworth drive tommorow and I'm worried

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Intercooler or intake hose?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
sounds more like a boost leak. might have jarred a vac line and cracked it. trace the lines from the tcv and other vacuum items

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
sounds more like a boost leak. might have jarred a vac line and cracked it. trace the lines from the tcv and other vacuum items
This is what I what thinking, if your spiking boost check vacuum. After that check your charge air pipe (which is routed under your car). You mentioned bottoming out so jack your car up, take off the skid plate and inspect for damage or anything that is off. Don't drive her till you check it out thats for sure!

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
You mentioned bottoming out so jack your car up, take off the skid plate and inspect for damage or anything that is off. Don't drive her till you check it out thats for sure!
+1
imo anyone who lowered their car should have the ability to check under the under carriage ;)

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Turbo's tucked up pretty high, no worries there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts