SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get a scanner in anticipation of a trans fluid swap and a brake change on my 2016 T5 5cyl.

I know the pre sensus cars can use a VIDA DICE clone, but I am not sure if a 2016 will. Has any of you tried using the VD clones with a 2016 or 2015.5?
An alternate I was also thinking about is the iCarsoft CR Pro, which does brakes, and trans reset on Volvo and other cars. It seems to be a prosumer/lower tier professional model.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I have an Autel Maxicheck Pro, works on my 2011 xc60 and my 2018 xc60

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
272 Posts
The 2014D Vida will work with a 2015.5 car (my V60CC for instance). I am not sure about a 2016 though.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have 2 2016 5 cylinder Volvos. I contacted icarsoft asking which reader would reset the BMS, retract rear brakes and read transmission temperature.
They responded I should buy icarsoft Vol v2.0/CR Pro.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. Zn14, yes thats the one I am thinking about.

Going to throw this out there: anyone in Denver, Front Range or North Colorado has a VidaDice let me know if I could try it out. I can come over and bring you a six pack of your favorite local microbrew for letting me try it out..

·
Registered
272 Posts

Going to throw this out there: anyone in Denver, Front Range or North Colorado has a VidaDice let me know if I could try it out. I can come over and bring you a six pack of your favorite local microbrew for letting me try it out..
Might have better luck with that request in a forum with more traffic. Maybe the VIDA forum? The s60 forum? Not sure which one is best, but seems like this one is fairly slow.

·
Registered
272 Posts
FWIW, I just opened my copy of VIDA 2014D and it looks like the most recent year you can select is 2015, with 2015A an option for some models (like V60 or XC60). I do not see 2016, though. So I wouldn't count on it working.

·
Registered
216 Posts

VIDA 2104D will not work with 2016 models. I believe it technically can work with the 5 cylinder T5 electronics if you can figure out how to add your VIN to the database. The first thing VIDA does when you connect it to your car is pull the VIN and attempt to look it up in the database so it can figure out exactly what hardware it is trying to communicate with. If your VIN is not in that database, it will not go any further.

I know this because I have VIDA 2014, and I have a 2016 Volvo. I've tried. There is a guy on the S60 forum who recently made a passing comment about how he was able to modify the database and get VIDA 2014 to work for his car. He said he would post more about it later in a separate post, but I haven't seen anything yet.

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?182610-What-did-you-do-with-your-s60-V60-(2011-)-today&p=7503685&viewfull=1#post7503685

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have 2 2016 5 cylinder Volvos. I contacted icarsoft asking which reader would reset the BMS, retract rear brakes and read transmission temperature.
You can read tranny temp on a smartphone in the Car Scanner Elm Obd2 app.
BMS reset trick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu9z5m78Szw
There are ways for retracting rear brakes, too (9V battery or 12V current), easy to find on youtube ...
Transmission adaptation is pretty difficult, though.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The way to add your vin to Vida was published today in the S60/V60 forum, FYI.

You’ll be able to do it if you follow their instructions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts