SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just nine days now to our OSD adventure, and I wanted to share our itinerary in case any forum readers were planning to be in the vicinity of our travels - we'll be picking our car up June 27th - Volvo picks us up from the hotel at 8 am.

Here is the trip in a nutshell:
  • Monday, June 25 - fly from Charlotte to Gothenburg via Newark and Copenhagen
  • Tuesday, June 26 - arrive Gothenburg, tour Gothenburg
  • Wednesday, June 27 - pick up car, drive to Oslo via Fredrikstad and Moss. Overnight Oslo.
  • Thursday, June 28 - Olso sightseeing
  • Friday, June 29 - drive to Bergen, with ferry tour of spectacular Naerofjord enroute. Night in Bergen
  • Saturday, June 30 - side trip in fjord country - Utne, Kvandall, etc. Night in Bergen
  • Sunday, July 1 - drive down the coast to Jørpeland (near Stavanger)
  • Monday, July 2 - Hike to Preikestolen. Night in Jørpeland.
  • Tuesday, July 3 - drive to Haukeliseter Fjellstue in the highlands. Overnight there.
  • Wednesday, July 4 - drive to Horten, on the coast south of Oslo. Night in Horten.
  • Thursday, July 5 - return car to Volvo FDC in Gothenburg, night in Gothenburg
  • Friday, July 6 - morning train to Copenhagen
  • Saturday, July 7 - tour Copenhagen
  • Sunday, July 8 - Fly home

We'll also be posting to our trip blog - http://mixtertrip.blogspot.com/ - feel free to follow along our adventures by subscribing.

Anyone wishing to make direct contact regarding our travels, contact me at mixterhp at mac dot com. Cheers! :D

::::::::: Perry

·
Registered
347 Posts
Great blog layout Perry. I'll be monitoring your journey using our iPad during our June 23-July 5 OSD tour. I'll email you our itinerary.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
My paranoia would not let me post during our trip -- I didn't want to advertise that our house was largely empty.

So I posted day-by-day, just delayed 3 weeks -- after we got home. That also allowed me more time to write up our experiences and organize photos (1800 in total).

I'll be following your blog.

6/26 may be a wasted day (jet lag and late arrival). There is a lot to see in Gothenburg/islands and it deserves some time.

6/27 -- do you plan on visiting the Volvo Museum and taking the factory tour? I hope you have an early delivery time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We are back from our trip as of yesterday, and had a thoroughly enjoyable two weeks. Though, after driving 1,100+ miles on Norwegian and Swedish roads, I was delighted to turn the car in, not because it wasn't a joy to drive (it was), but that I was terrified of traffic mishaps. Beware - in Norway, stop signs are rare, at urban intersections be sure to yield to waiting traffic to the right at intersections (not roundabouts)! Took us a long time to figure that out, and the FDC folks don't tell you.

The Volvo OSD program is really first rate, my wife is already talking about the V60 she wants in a few years so we can repeat the experience!

We look forward to picking up our S60 in mid-August.

Special thanks to Bob Kennedy of University Volvo in Charlotte for skillfully and patiently guiding us through the whole experience. If you have questions about OSD, he's your guy!

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
Perry,

Thanks for the kind words. Glad you guys had a good time! I will let you know when the car is headed here and we can arrange a final pickup.

BTW....seems we traveled some of the same pathways in Oslo :) Beautiful city, which I will visit again I am sure. The blogs was great!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
We are back from our trip as of yesterday, and had a thoroughly enjoyable two weeks. Though, after driving 1,100+ miles on Norwegian and Swedish roads, I was delighted to turn the car in, not because it wasn't a joy to drive (it was), but that I was terrified of traffic mishaps. Beware - in Norway, stop signs are rare, at urban intersections be sure to yield to waiting traffic to the right at intersections (not roundabouts)! Took us a long time to figure that out, and the FDC folks don't tell you.

The Volvo OSD program is really first rate, my wife is already talking about the V60 she wants in a few years so we can repeat the experience!

We look forward to picking up our S60 in mid-August.

Special thanks to Bob Kennedy of University Volvo in Charlotte for skillfully and patiently guiding us through the whole experience. If you have questions about OSD, he's your guy!
Thanks for sharing............sounds like you had a wonderful time!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts