SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recieved an email stating I should contact someone who had “what I was looking for.” I emailed the contact wanted $100 to ship two items. Seemed a bit low. Also, the contact email [email protected] differed from the email address of the Zelle email [email protected], Name: Oladipupo Akanni, which also sounds foreign, unlike the original email address. For those who don’t know, this tactic is common in West Africa. I looked up the two emails and sure enough these emails have been used to scam members in other car and gun classifieds. It was suspicious that the member who suggested I contact someone had only been a member for 10 hours (see below). Also, the verbaige “... He Has what you need” is exactly the same in the other forums, even down to capitalizing the H in the word has. A quick google search reveals a Oladipupo Akanni on Facebook and from overseas. Thus, the Tapatalk user Harrywils1234 is likely the same individual and/or a part of a group of scammers from Nigeria. Note, Akanni is from Lagos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,573 Posts
He's already banned. When in doubt, assume scammer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts