SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been following a newer company called Scale Suspension recently. They offer coilovers and springs etc. for several applications including Volvo! However, I have not seen any application for P2 Rs yet. I've emailed the company about an application for our specific model and body style, and I'm currently waiting on a reply.

If anyone would be interested in these (who aren't already running coilovers) and would like more information as I receive some replies, shoot me a line!
Also, if your non-R friends would like some information as well here is the current list of Volvo applications:

00-04 S40/V40
11+ s60/v60 (1.6L/2.0L, 3.0L)
07-12 C30
05-12 s40
05-12 v50

·
Registered
438 Posts
The "About Us" page is still the default website page. Thats bad.

There are 2 or 3 major chinese manufacturers of suspension parts. Chances are they are reselling this stuff, and the BC coil overs are from that same maker.

·
Registered
75 Posts
they used the be called standard suspension and recently changed name to reflect the better quality of their new product line!
Their suppliers are from asia(not sure if chinese though) and all their suspension parts are built from the specs that scale wants.
In other words they may be built at the same place that the bc coilovers are but they are not the same quality at all!

And to answer your question, yes they will be offering coilovers for p2 awd cars. They have finished the development and are waiting on the first 5 sets of coilovers to be delievered to them!(some are already sold)
One of my friends bought a kit and he should have it soon. I will ask him to post here when he gets them. :) :thumbup:

·
Registered
547 Posts
they used the be called standard suspension and recently changed name to reflect the better quality of their new product line!
Their suppliers are from asia(not sure if chinese though) and all their suspension parts are built from the specs that scale wants.
In other words they may be built at the same place that the bc coilovers are but they are not the same quality at all!

And to answer your question, yes they will be offering coilovers for p2 awd cars. They have finished the development and are waiting on the first 5 sets of coilovers to be delievered to them!(some are already sold)
One of my friends bought a kit and he should have it soon. I will ask him to post here when he gets them. :) :thumbup:
Linear rear springs? Or are they progressive?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Sweet! I just got an email from the guy saying that they have a few in development as testers. Hopefully they're decent quality!

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
They have a Swift Spring option...

That spring company is amazing, lightweight springs, excellent quality. So many options....

·
Registered
438 Posts
So what is pricing gonna look like?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've started a thread in the ''General FWD and AWD'' section but it seems like somebody deleted it, Whatever!

Like SonicamaSR said, the product for P2 awd and fwd as been designed and develop this summer and the kits are now in production. Once we receive the kits, we'll be able to post some pictures for you guys and since I'll install a kit on my own S60R, i'll be posting an ''how to'' thread for the installation. First production is for only 5 awd kits. Once we'll have the kits in hand, we will be able to promote this new application.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

·
Registered
58 Posts
They have a Swift Spring option...

That spring company is amazing, lightweight springs, excellent quality. So many options....
unfortunatly, our volvo kit uses Specific application springs so the Swift springs option won't be available as well as the camber-plate option since our car's strut tower are rounded.

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Linear rear springs? Or are they progressive?
they are Linear. But unlike the KW's, the spring pre-load is ajusted independently from the ride height. so either you ride at the highest or lowest setting, the spring pre-load and shock travel remains the same.

·
Registered
547 Posts
they are Linear. But unlike the KW's, the spring pre-load is ajusted independently from the ride height. so either you ride at the highest or lowest setting, the spring pre-load and shock travel remains the same.
Source on being linear? If they were linear, pre-load wouldn't matter.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Source on being linear? If they were linear, pre-load wouldn't matter.
Scale Suspension owner is a good friend of mine. The kits are mainly design for racing purpose. That being said, we use linear springs to match the effective damping range of our shocks. Our shocks works on a 3'' travel (2'' in compression and 1'' in extension) so we can't have a progressive spring.

pre-loading the springs is to make sure the shocks are sitting on their ''sweet-spot'' when the car is on the ground i.e. compressed about 1'' from when they are fully extended (car lifted off ground)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Scale Suspension owner is a good friend of mine. The kits are mainly design for racing purpose. That being said, we use linear springs to match the effective damping range of our shocks. Our shocks works on a 3'' travel (2'' in compression and 1'' in extension) so we can't have a progressive spring.

pre-loading the springs is to make sure the shocks are sitting on their ''sweet-spot'' when the car is on the ground i.e. compressed about 1'' from when they are fully extended (car lifted off ground)
I will be very very interested in buying a set of linear rear springs when they are offered then.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I will be very very interested in buying a set of linear rear springs when they are offered then.
they will be sold as a kit with the entire coilover setup.

I know you guys might be a little skeptical about an option that is more than half the price of KW's but I can garantee you, this kit is going to be simply amazing! I don't speak through my hat. I've installed/tested these kits on several cars and everybody enjoyed them. We have also a lot of professional driver who races our Suspension system.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Soooo are you selling these? vendor status?
No i'm not selling these. I'm just a satisfied custome who promote the product. The owner of the company is a good friend of mine and i've helped develop and install a lot of kits with them.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So what is pricing gonna look like?
Sorry for the late reply, but all the volvo applications are a little over $1000, however they offer a payment plan option for your build. 6 payments, 3 payments, or outright buy it. The way they have it set up is over the course of payments they progressively build your order.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Will the damping be adjustable? Will the fronts come with upper mounts, like the BC coilovers?
Yes, it has 12-level of damping ajustement.

As for the Front upper-mount, the kits uses your oem spring seat and top-plate. The front shock tower on our car are not flat so we would need to have a custom plate designed (like the one Kaplhenke sell) and this would bring the price of the kit a lot higher! I prefer to keep the price as low as possible and suggest to my customer to buy the Kaplhenke top-plate if they want. Using flat top-plate (like BC) is actually not really recommended since the plate does not sit completly against the shock-tower which can lead in some body damage.

However, our kits come with a slotted hole on the knuckle bracket, so the camber can be adjust easily.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts