SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to get a CD player for my ride as the current sc811 is tape only. I have found a sc 900 and a sc901 for $100ea and that is as good as I've seen. 3 disc changer in dash. Will either of these units fit straight into my 1995 855 turbo? Do I need an adapter cable(s) of any type? Do I loose some amplifier power if I go with the 9 series? <p>Optimally I would like a single in the dash and a changer in the back or stashed and I've seen them for around $200 each but $400 is a 10th of the car cost! <p>Any help or reviews/better choice on either of these 9 series HU's and will it go right in?<br>thanks

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Re: sc-811 to sc-901 Yes or no? (koovin)

<br> I have a 901 and I migrated from 8** series (1 cd, tape, radio).<p>1. If you looking for a changer 9** is not is good as it sounds - they play stable only few particular brands of CDR media. They just don't read these no-name, CompUSA, and other cds. No matter how you recorded these... It's known issue, use the search function.<br> <br>2. 90* don't work without an amp. You have to have an amp.<p>3. 90* have great equalizers with presets. Sound quality is way far from 8** series.<p>4. If you go for 9** series, select 901 as it has an improved load mechanism. <p>5. Obviously, it doesnt play MP3. Not sure if it's important to you.<p>6. $100 is very good price. But I wouldn't expect a long life from this unit. On another hand you could bring it to a Volvo dealer and exchange it on new unit with warranty (for about +/-$250).<br>

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: sc-811 to sc-901 Yes or no? (Papa_Kirlo)

Remember you need the Volvo external amp for these to work

1 - 3 of 3 Posts