SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you guys are a great group of people !! and very helpfull along the way,

maybe some day i will pick up a polestar down the road =>

here is the old car, 2012 volvo s60 r design, i ended up tradeing it in with some aftermarket parts still on the car,
lowered the price 3 times to even 2,000.00 below kbb with not one single phone call or email! was on autotrader, ebay, cars.com, and craigslist

dealership trade in was a joke also, 2 dealership offer 18k for it, most were at wholesale prices around 22-23k this dealership was able to get 24k for trade in plus a tax credit

also lowered the price of the parts to a 1/4 of what i paid for them and could not sell those either after a month,

after trading the volvo in i have a bad taste on resale value on these cars is really bad,

if any one is intrested in buying its at the dealership now listed for 2k more then i had it for plus 800.00 dealer fee's
http://www.leenissanfwb.com/vehicle-details/used-2012-volvo-s60-t6-r-design-YV1902FHXC2081513

moving onto my new car
2014 corvette stingray in cyber grey
this car is a monster with almost 500hp with the after market intake and tune and good for mid 11 second 1/4 mile times, and still neted 29mpg on the way back
its a big difference between the cars,

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry to see you go. Your car gave me some inspiration to lower mine and put some wheels on it. You're gonna love that corvette though, I drove one last month and it's a rocket. Resale has never been strong with Volvo.... part of the reason I bought it was because the value to $$$ paid was really good but I'll pay for it when I go to trade.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Sorry to hear your leaving. Congrats on the 'vette. We need more pics please.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Wow.. .what a difference... I'm sure I'll feel it when I eventually trade in the S60, but I'm pretty sure I'm keeping my 11 for a few more years and we're paying it off in just six more months... For all I know I'll keep her til she dies.

·
Registered
137 Posts
WOW!!!!

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
The Stingray is a beautiful car, I hope you enjoy it.

As for the trade in value, that really isn't a bad value for a 4 year old car.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Very nice upgrade! Loved your S60, and wish I could have picked up those wheels from you. Best of luck with the Vette!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Holy crap i just looked at this car and was on here looking for info on them. would love to chat with you about the car.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Sat in the 2016 Stingray at the Tampa auto show a couple weekends ago--nice--love the functional louvers--did you get the monochrome flag wheels (don't know if they had them for the '14?) Enjoy your new ride...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank oki,

this is the base lt1 model non z51, i really wanted the lt2 model with the z51 package but was out of my price range used,

im planing on upgradeing the wheel ASAP ,

the ride is surprisingly smooth, i just have to watch what im doing when the roads are wet,

the new a8 stingrays run 11.80s @ 118 stock, and the z06 are much faster then that ,

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Very nice! I wish I lived somewhere where a vette could be a year rounder....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts