SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I don't have an 850, never drove one even. But apparently the Netherlands had a couple Cream Yellow 850s in one spot recently...

Source

·
Registered
16,671 Posts
So I don't have an 850, never drove one even. But apparently the Netherlands had a couple Cream Yellow 850s in one spot recently...

Source
Ah yes, the 25th Anniversary T-5R party. Turned into a two day event, this picture is from day two when it was combined with Volvodrive Treffen. I was there last year, there were just over 1600 cars there. It was mind blowing. One of my friends video chatted me so I wouldn't completely miss it this year and said there were over 2000 cars this year. It's incredible.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah yes, the 25th Anniversary T-5R party. Turned into a two day event, this picture is from day two when it was combined with Volvodrive Treffen. I was there last year, there were just over 1600 cars there. It was mind blowing. One of my friends video chatted me so I wouldn't completely miss it this year and said there were over 2000 cars this year. It's incredible.
I should have known you'd know about this! 2000 T5Rs? That'd explain why so many of just one color.

·
Registered
16,671 Posts
I really wonder how many cars were shipped from other countries for the event? It would of been mind blowing to be in the presence of 2000 T-5Rs
Haha no it was 2000 Volvos total....about 100 of them T-5Rs. But there are always all manner of cool things, from Cassis and Aqua V70Rs, to imported Platinum Editions from America, to factory Laser Blue S80s, to Frost Green V70s, to D5 M66 V70 Titanium Editions, to 480 turbos, etc etc.

·
Registered
13,459 Posts
Was going to say, I doubt 2,000 yellow cars exist at this point.

JaredR, what's your guess here? 500, 1,000 worldwide?

·
Registered
16,671 Posts
Was going to say, I doubt 2,000 yellow cars exist at this point.

JaredR, what's your guess here? 500, 1,000 worldwide?
There were 2537 originally built, so that seems very likely that at least 537 have been lost. I'd guess 1000-1500 if I had to put a number on it but I really don't have a great guess; not familiar enough with the typical life cycle of cars like this in the bigger markets. However, I have been told by reliable sources that there are now more T-5Rs registered in the Netherlands than originally delivered, and they had nearly 500, although that counts all colors. Clearly they are favoring yellow.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha no it was 2000 Volvos total....about 100 of them T-5Rs. But there are always all manner of cool things, from Cassis and Aqua V70Rs, to imported Platinum Editions from America, to factory Laser Blue S80s, to Frost Green V70s, to D5 M66 V70 Titanium Editions, to 480 turbos, etc etc.
Ah OK. Still, 2000 Volvos at one spot is impressive. And 100 T5Rs! Not being too familiar with them, were all T5Rs this color, or were there a couple colors like normal?

·
Registered
13,459 Posts
Ah OK. Still, 2000 Volvos at one spot is impressive. And 100 T5Rs! Not being too familiar with them, were all T5Rs this color, or were there a couple colors like normal?
First year cars (T5-R was 1995 only) also came in black and green, though the latter are pretty rare.

·
Registered
16,671 Posts
First year cars (T5-R was 1995 only) also came in black and green, though the latter are pretty rare.
Dark Olive Pearl estates were actually the most common, but there were only a couple hundred green sedans built.

·
Registered
13,459 Posts
Dark Olive Pearl estates were actually the most common, but there were only a couple hundred green sedans built.
I would love to find one of those in the States. I think I saw one for sale on here a few years ago - it was pretty beat up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts