SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting car.

Longer than the XC90, and lower too. Alot lower. Looks more like the R class Mercedes than an SUV.

Very nicely finished inside in typical Audi fashion.

Some dislikes, it has more rear legroom than the XC90 but alot less headroom. Seats are typical hard German.
The 3rd seat is a total joke, even small kids would have trouble fitting there.
The price on the car I saw would be about $65,000 and that was without a dvd player which is currently unavailable.
My dealer friend @ Audi says they only have 5 orders.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Re: Saw the new Q7 (VolvoMax)

Yes, I saw it too... but to be honest it is really in a different leauge than the XC90. It is MUCH more luxury oriented and the fit and finish are not comparable to the XC90. The one in AZ, is loaded and has alcantra headliner, 6-piston front brake calipers, blind-spot monitoring, adjustable ride height, etc...

I drove my wife's XC90 after sitting in the Q7 and I think the V6 model will compare more with the XC90, both in cost and appointments.

Todd

·
Registered
746 Posts
Re: Saw the new Q7 (VolvoMax)

$65k? Good luck. I remember sitting in the back on the drivers side w/ the drivers seat all the way back and still having a TON of leg room. Wish the same could be said about the XC90. Either way I'd buy an XC90 V8 before I EVER buy a Q7. Nice, but kinda lot my style.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Re: Saw the new Q7 (eVOLVOer)

Audi's Q7 is their introduction to the SUV market. I am sure it is meant to content with middle-class SUVs such as the XC90 and probably even higher-end cars like the X5 and Lexus RX330.

Has anyone seen the Top Gear video where the Q7 goes head to head with the XC90. Very interesting. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
8,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Saw the new Q7 (dragon17)

At the price point that the Q7 will be at, and given its XL sizing I don't see it competing w/ the RX or XC90 or MDX.
It will have to go against Range Rover, the X5, Cayenne, ML500 and R-class benzes.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The Top Gear was a joke. There were no fact based conclusions at all. it was all merely fun and games.

And I love the Q7. gonna replace the XC with it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Re: (Big D)

Me too in a heart beat. Waiting for the V6 to come out. At 282hp, will have basically the same power as the my T6 with a transmission that works like it should. I am sure it will do better than the 13 miles around town I currently get. The V8 at 350hp is a rocket.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Re: (tric)

Quote, originally posted by tric »
Me too in a heart beat. Waiting for the V6 to come out. At 282hp, will have basically the same power as the my T6 with a transmission that works like it should. I am sure it will do better than the 13 miles around town I currently get. The V8 at 350hp is a rocket.

Lets not forget that the audi is a brand new car and that volvo will also have a new 6 cyl engine fitted to the xc90 within a year;it will have similar performance and fuel consumption due to its lower weight and it will be much cheaper! Also be sure that the xc90 will be much more reliable as it is tried and tested now and the audi isnt.
just my 2 cents

·
Registered
327 Posts
Re: (volvocu)

I suspect this will end up like the XC90 vs. Touareg debate as to which SUV is better. Is the Q7 on the similar platform as the Cayenne and VW?

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Re: (Trevor)

Yup, same platform but the Q7 is longer (and I would say splits the difference in ugliness between the Cayenne and Touareg.)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Re: (volvocu)

much more reliable huh? I beg to differ. I have had more problems with my Volvo than I have ever had with all four of my Audi's combined. The only saving grace for my Volvo is the STELLAR customer service I get from my dealer.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Re: (Big D)

I will definately be looking at the Q7 as our next car. I have had more go wrong with our XC90 with 15,000 miles than I have on our current Audi with 62,000 miles. Plus the fact the Audi has quattro and the fit and finish of an Audi still can't be beat....jmho

·
Registered
984 Posts
Re: (k2volvo)

I traded my 2005 A6 3.2 after only 7 months because after trying three different dealers for a vibration after only 1400 miles and regular servicing I had NOTHING but terrible experiences from scratching my bumper and trying to blame me to arriving for a service appointment only to be told that they don't have enough mechanics to service my car. Every dealing with Audi service was a fight. Eventually, I threw in the towel, traded my A6 for for my current XC90 V8 and I've had no regrets. I'll NEVER buy another Audi product again...ever!!

The vehicles may be good but when no one can give me basic good levels of service I'm not touching the brand again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts