SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw my first Vanquish driving into work today and all I can say it WOW!!! Although I have seen hundreds of photographs and I saw it at the autoshow, it leaves a more powerful impression when you see it on the road.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
I've seen it only at the Autoshows unfortunately. I miss living in downtown DC. I would see high end cars all the time down there. <P>Although, the other day I saw a new Lamborghini Murcielago on the highway. That was pretty cool.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
George,<BR>Man..you can actually see some exotic cars right at AIRPARK! Yup, saw my first Vanquish there, and I do mean Gaithersburg's Airpark. <BR>I was on my way to AAM and saw this very interesting looking silverish bronze color GT-coupe like car parked on the side of the right(on Airpark Rd. in front of the first dyno shop on your left when you come in).<BR>I'm pretty sure that was it, don't think anyone can make such a good replica....but...man..was I drooling all over my steering wheel or what. That was seriously a very awesome looking car. Don't know how it could be parked on the side of road like that.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The Mazza Galleria area also seems to attract many high end cars. Gotta love seeing Lamborghinis and Ferraris parked curbside. Just a couple of weeks ago a couple of very nice looking young ladies pulled up along side of me in their Modena. She definitely liked to rev the engine and when the light turn green...poof...they were gone. I'd love to see a Vanquish up close...guess the closest thing I've seen is a DB7 downtown.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
My neighbor is friends with the owner of that dyno shop. I'll have to ask him about it.<P>At one time, I lived on Wisconsin down near the Cathedral. I was actually motivated to go jogging in the evenings because I could watch all the cool cars drive by, including some oddball European diplomat cars.<p>[This message has been edited by [email protected] (edited 08-06-2002).]

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by [email protected]:<BR><B><BR>At one time, I lived on Wisconsin down near the Cathedral. I was actually motivated to go jogging in the evenings because I could watch all the cool cars drive by, including some oddball European diplomat cars.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Interesting that you brought it up, last time as we drove by late at night, we saw a 355 parked in front of those apartment buildings (right on Wisconsin)around that area. Makes you wonder how could the owner just simply left his 100K+ out on the road like that.<P>But when I see two 996 turbos and a Lotus driving on that crappy road condition section of M street in Georgetown, I kinda got the idea. The owner probably couldn't careless about those steal plates, just another exotic car of his.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts