SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just ordered a 2020 V60 for overseas delivery later this fall. I've never owned a Volvo but have always loved wagons and their decline in the US makes me sad. Looking forward to being a part of the community.

I was inspired by the "Save The Whales", might turn it into a bumper sticker.

https://imgur.com/a/kn5fhv8

·
Registered
680 Posts
I just ordered a 2020 V60 for overseas delivery later this fall. I've never owned a Volvo but have always loved wagons and their decline in the US makes me sad. Looking forward to being a part of the community.

I was inspired by the "Save The Whales" and made this. Might turn it into a bumper sticker.

I'll be interested to hear how your OSD works out. Let us know how the trip works in terms of the car pickup and driving it around Europe. I've always wanted to do this, and am considering doing it in a couple of years from now. I'm interested in hearing the good and the bad from people with such experiences.

Nice "bumper sticker". We have owned Volvo wagons continuously since 1985. We go hundreds of thousands of miles in them. :)

·
Registered
966 Posts
I would be thrilled to have gotten a wagon version of my car! Too bad the realities of the V90 being extremely limited and the sedans being easily available make a slightly more expensive option significantly more expensive...

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I'll be interested to hear how your OSD works out. Let us know how the trip works in terms of the car pickup and driving it around Europe. I've always wanted to do this, and am considering doing it in a couple of years from now. I'm interested in hearing the good and the bad from people with such experiences.

Nice "bumper sticker". We have owned Volvo wagons continuously since 1985. We go hundreds of thousands of miles in them. :)
I gotcha beat by four years. I bought my first Volvo wagon in 1981. And like you I keep coming back for more. 😀

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
V90 is the wagon that needs to be saved. :) V60 probably will sell better.

OSD trip is always exciting and precious memory, even I only did a short one. There are plenty of stories in the OSD sub-forum.

·
Registered
714 Posts

We're doing our part up here in Seattle. We sell V90CC's pretty frequently and I've got a V90 T6 AWD R-Design ordered for inventory as well as a V90 T6 AWD Inscription. This will supplement our V60 stock quite well. I've got three V60 T6 AWD's due to arrive at the store any day. This little store still seems to do well with wagons.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I really wanted a V60 for my 2nd Volvo. No T8 engine killed that dream.

·
Registered
13,955 Posts
Surprised at that too as it flies in the face of Volvo's stated position that all new cars introduced in 2019 and forward will have electrification options. The V60 apparently does not.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Surprised at that too as it flies in the face of Volvo's stated position that all new cars introduced in 2019 and forward will have electrification options. The V60 apparently does not.
The new 2019/2020 V60 comes in T8 form in Europe. It's a shame that they aren't bringing that to America, but I assume it's because their S90 T8 is selling so poorly here (as really are the XC60 and XC90 T8 models).

I think that Volvo is making a huge mistake by not widely advertising their T8 models and their wagons on television, online, in print, and through their dealerships. I think that most people aren't aware that Volvo makes PHEVs. Here in the Boston area, I don't think I've ever seen a Volvo T8 PHEV on the road (and there are tons of Volvos here, and I do look closely whenever I see a new-gen XC90, XC60, and S90 to see what "T" label is on the back end) -- but I have seen a bunch of Porsche PHEV E-Hybrids (Panamera, Cayenne) here, which cost 1.5x to 2x more than Volvo T8s. Of course, this is also home to lots and lots of Teslas.

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
But they don't have enough production capacity for T8, and demand exceeded their estimation.

They plan to make T8 25% of their production and yet it will be in 5 years.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,955 Posts
The new 2019/2020 V60 comes in T8 form in Europe. It's a shame that they aren't bringing that to America, but I assume it's because their S90 T8 is selling so poorly here (as really are the XC60 and XC90 T8 models).
I guess their press release about electrification deserved an asterisk - "This does not apply to all markets". It's all a little disingenuous IMHO.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The V60 for 2020 can come as a T8 P* engineered. Does that not count?

·
Registered
282 Posts
The new 2019/2020 V60 comes in T8 form in Europe. It's a shame that they aren't bringing that to America, but I assume it's because their S90 T8 is selling so poorly here (as really are the XC60 and XC90 T8 models)...
I guess their press release about electrification deserved an asterisk - "This does not apply to all markets". It's all a little disingenuous IMHO.
I don't agree that Volvo was being disingenuous. They are a global manufacturer of products that have different levels of demand in different markets, and they need to allocate production accordingly. Hybrids and electrics sell at a sizable premium to gas-powered vehicles. If US gas prices and/or infrastructure to support plug-ins were as great as they are in Europe, then maybe our appetite for them would be greater here. I suppose the same can be true of distribution of wagons, too. Which brings us back to the original topic of the thread...

After twenty years of Audi wagons, I bought my first Volvo last year. I don't think you'll regret the decision. I bought mine from dealer inventory, but am a bit envious of some of the OSD travelogues posted in that forum. I imagine that you'll enjoy and remember that experience.

I share your sorrow for the decline in popularity of wagons here in US. It makes ready supply so limited. I would consider a 'Have You Hugged a Wagon Today' bumper sticker, but wouldn't want all the fingerprints and cheek marks, I suppose.

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
I guess they will put mild hybrid on V90CC V60CC when all models are electrified in a few years.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts

I think that Volvo is making a huge mistake by not widely advertising their T8 models and their wagons on television, online, in print, and through their dealerships. I think that most people aren't aware that Volvo makes PHEVs. Here in the Boston area, I don't think I've ever seen a Volvo T8 PHEV on the road (and there are tons of Volvos here, and I do look closely whenever I see a new-gen XC90, XC60, and S90 to see what "T" label is on the back end) -- but I have seen a bunch of Porsche PHEV E-Hybrids (Panamera, Cayenne) here, which cost 1.5x to 2x more than Volvo T8s. Of course, this is also home to lots and lots of Teslas.
The overwhelming majority of T8s are sold in California and/or the Pacific Northwest. I see XC90 T8s on the road, on a daily basis, and right now they are the hottest item to get due to restricted availability.

XC60 T8s are also doing well here.

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
I have to tailgate closely to be able to see the T8 badge on front car. lol
They can paint the T8 letter to light blue then it will be easier to see. But guess they want to be low-key...

·
Registered
154 Posts

Its 6-12 month waiting time for the hybrids,
They produce way to few of them.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Registered
667 Posts

We ordered our V90 T6 Inscription for OSD through Seattle Volvo and took delivery in Göteborg in May last year. Spent a long weekend driving the car around Western Sweden, and had an absolute blast, such a beautiful country. Though I was more than a bit surprised to see some old American iron (‘61 Caddy, ‘65 Impala, and a showroom new ‘53 Buick Skylark, et al) cruising around the countryside! Seriously, getting our car at the FDC was one of the best decisions we’ve ever made. The only “bad” experience was all the construction going on in Göteborg...lol!

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
Its 6-12 month waiting time for the hybrids,
They produce way to few of them.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
I hope with EV battery vendor secured now, they will have more battery to build T8. For the e-motor and converter etc it should be easier to find a vendor.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Wagons suck! IMHO of course. Get me a S60 Coupe!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts