SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, here's another thought I had. I want to pick up some parts for the 240 and was thinking of doing a Saturday parts run to a few places.

First, I just bought a grill from a used Volvo parts yard down below Waldorf MD (South/South East of DC) and the guy claims he has 200+ cars down there and works by appt. only on Saturday.

The other thought is the new European and older European yards for Brandywine Auto Salvage, all located in Prince George's County. I figure we could head to Brandywine first and make an appt. for early afternoon down at the other.

I'm not firm on a date yet, but I'm thinking sometime in September maybe.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Yes, I'm definitely interested since I've never been to any of those yards. Any Saturday in September is good for me as of now.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, but if they call information for Upper Marlboro, MD they'll probably find it. Also, their truck location is on 301 just north of Rt 50. They should have a listing and a map of all locations.

George

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll have to ask. BTW, there's a small yard over on the Eastern Shore in Oxford, MD. It's not hard to miss as there isn't much in Oxford, MD. I think it's called Swedish Classics and they're a garage also.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Hey all...
Just couldn't help but add my secret sources from Maryland.

There is a private exclusive Volvo sales and salvage yard in Frederick. I have visited the guy in many instances and he's generally very cool about parts at great prices. He has some crashed 240's and 850's there. He also has OEM Volvo parts for internet prices, new in bags. He even had the seat-back cable for my 850, new! He gave it to me for less than the Vovlo dealer's wholesale price. He carries most of the items that really go bad as well trim pieces, roof rails, replacement lights and all that good stuff. He also has a few 5-cyl motors on stands he uses to tinker with. lotts of goodies for the taking if you can work with the guy. He's a bit abrasive at first but becomes nicer once he knows that you're not looking for a handout or a date with one of his daughters. (He has a couple of hotties working there that really know their Volvo's!!!)

Anyhow...he's called University Auto on 355 in Frederick. Right past the FSK mall and down from a few other Volvo only dealers. All independant, no real Volvo Corp. places in town.

There is also another salvage yard called Stupps and it's huge! He is down 355 in Frederick as well. Hidden place but once you find him, he's got cool stuff there too.

Well, yall have fun out there in Fredneck...

Cheers
Prospero

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Matt, I've been meaning to call you but have been kind of busy. Thanks for the tips. Shoot me an email again with your number.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
You have mail...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts