SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my '07 XC90 is getting old and start to show small problems. A few that I have now:
1. The sat nav screen staying out with insert disc message. Somehow I can't figure out how to open the sat nav CD player under the driver seat. Any thoughts?

2. The plastic portion in the picture below is broken. Can I get a replacement part new or used?

Thanks guys.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Can you expand on "I cannot open up the device"?
Yes, this plastic cover is easily replaceable.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you expand on "I cannot open up the device"?
Yes, this plastic cover is easily replaceable.
For the sat nav it says please insert the disc, the thing is I couldn't open the sat nav CD player under the driver seat hence I don't know if the sat nav cd is there or not. It was working fine then a couple of days ago the screen popped up with that message.

As far as the plastic cover, can you tell me the official name of that plastic cover?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
For the sat nav it says please insert the disc, the thing is I couldn't open the sat nav CD player under the driver seat hence I don't know if the sat nav cd is there or not. It was working fine then a couple of days ago the screen popped up with that message.
I am still not clear what the problem is there...did you try to slide the cover protecting the slit where you insert the Nav CD?

As far as the plastic cover, can you tell me the official name of that plastic cover?

Thanks
Not sure...just go to your local Volvo retailer and they can tell you and/or give you a quote.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Hi guys, my '07 XC90 is getting old and start to show small problems. A few that I have now:
1. The sat nav screen staying out with insert disc message. Somehow I can't figure out how to open the sat nav CD player under the driver seat. Any thoughts?

2. The plastic portion in the picture below is broken. Can I get a replacement part new or used?

Thanks guys.
Sat nav has a small door that slides down revealing eject button. May want to take the DVD out and insert back in.

The plastic price is around 24$ at the dealer and it takes 5min to replace. Looks like you have the mocha brown part. Amazon also sells them.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sat nav has a small door that slides down revealing eject button. May want to take the DVD out and insert back in.

The plastic price is around 24$ at the dealer and it takes 5min to replace. Looks like you have the mocha brown part. Amazon also sells them.

Thanks V50R. Would the sat nav screen staying up like that drain my battery? I'm only asking because I couldn't start the car this morning. I didn't have time to check it out this morning so I'll try to jump start the car after work today. Hopefully it's just a dead battery.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
You may be able to hit the back button get to system menu and trigger shut down. But it will pop back up as soon as you go in reverse.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found the part on Amazon. I just need to email the seller my vin number to make sure that I get the right part and color. Thanks a lot man.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi guys..I'm the OP. I fixed the seat base cover and change the battery. As soon as the insert disc message came back and the screen popped back up my battery died again after I left it for work. I couldn't find the eject button on the sat nav DVD player, see pic below

I figured that I'd just take the fuse for the satnav out problem was that it's the same fuse for the radio so when I took the fuse out the radio also stopped working. Any body else had this issue before? I don't care if the sat nav stop working since I'm using waze anyway I just don't want the screen to drain my battery. Help!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I can't remember as I haven't had the disc out for a long time and the vehicle isn't here right now, but I think the front panel (piece with the scoop in it) is already in the down position exposing the cd slot. I also think that when you slide it down, the cd pops out automatically. Bet there is no cd in there. Someone find a cd on the floor and toss it somewhere ??

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't remember as I haven't had the disc out for a long time and the vehicle isn't here right now, but I think the front panel (piece with the scoop in it) is already in the down position exposing the cd slot. I also think that when you slide it down, the cd pops out automatically. Bet there is no cd in there. Someone find a cd on the floor and toss it somewhere ??
How do I check if there's a cd or not in there?

·
Registered
199 Posts
How do I check if there's a cd or not in there?
First, slide that cover up (to cover the slot), wait to see what happens. If nothing, then down again and see if it ejects a disc. Try it a couple times (wait each time you move it and listen to see if its trying to load/unload)
Then you can try to put a dvd just inside the slot. If there isn't one in there it will get sucked in, (and spit it out cause it can't read it). Otherwise it will feel like something is already in there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I put the fuse back on and lo and behold the screen went down (for now at least). In any case, I was able to power the sat nav on using the remote and actually used it. Question to Volvo or sat nav expert out there, since I was able to use the sat nav does it mean that the cd/DVD with the map database is actually inside this thing? If it's actually in why the heck do I keep getting please insert disc message? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you are seeing the map then the disc is in there. Did you try moving the front cover yet to see if it comes out ? (it slides up and down) The disc can get a film on it after enduring yrs of hot/cold temp extremes. Could probably use a cleaning to make it easier to read.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you are seeing the map then the disc is in there. Did you try moving the front cover yet to see if it comes out ? (it slides up and down) The disc can get a film on it after enduring yrs of hot/cold temp extremes. Could probably use a cleaning to make it easier to read.
I did try to move the front cover down but nothing comes out. Since the sat nav worked I'd assume the disc is inside just stuck. I'm wondering if there's anyway to do force eject..thanks man

1 - 16 of 16 Posts